California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No F1 this weekend and weather's looking good. Hopefully I can join you guys again!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by sb67
No F1 this weekend and weather's looking good. Hopefully I can join you guys again!
Were you in the Lotus group with CJ? Your Exige looks familiar.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebring AP1
Originally Posted by vtecaddict' timestamp='1365097960' post='22451464
^^^ I'll go if you go
K its a date sir, we can caravan there lol.Your car isn't exactly street legal though is it?
Yeah.... well I was gonna get a moving pass from AAA, but I corded my tires at the track last time I went and still haven't replaced them lol, but I can still take one of the Miatas
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my S and still fixing it up (its from an insurance auction, body damage only thankfully) The run sounds like a lot of fun but is it a starter run? This S is the first RWD car ive owned, other than a Chevy Astro Van for work Basically i dont want to slow anybody down, or kill myself trying to keep up, any pointers?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sb67
I might be hitting you up to be passenger seat ballast (if you're okay with that).

Originally Posted by sk8za
Just got my S and still fixing it up (its from an insurance auction, body damage only thankfully) The run sounds like a lot of fun but is it a starter run? This S is the first RWD car ive owned, other than a Chevy Astro Van for work Basically i dont want to slow anybody down, or kill myself trying to keep up, any pointers?
You should check out the first post in this thread and read the FAQs.

Basically, drive your own pace. Don't EVER try to go any faster than you feel comfortable with because that is how mistakes happen. If you are worried about slowing other people down, run toward the tail end of one of the groups (we break into smaller groups depending on total number of people who show up). Other people in this group totally understand the need to allow breathing room and so you will not be tailgated by anyone even if they want to go faster than you. We all understand that tailgating someone is just asking for trouble (and makes others uncomfortable). These are public roads, after all, and driving like complete douchebags is strongly discouraged. At the various designated stop points there are opportunities to change up the order of the cars in case someone wants to be ahead of you.

PS I can't believe I just used the expression "douchebag."
Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
And it's not on a BMW forum.

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

^^ hahahhaha!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by jib2222
Originally Posted by sb67' timestamp='1366736188' post='22493176
Were you in the Lotus group with CJ? Your Exige looks familiar.
CJ? Not sure what/who you're referring to, so... maybe not? But I did a few OEM runs earlier this year, and when the car's running, I'm a fairly common sight in the canyons.

I might be hitting you up to be passenger seat ballast (if you're okay with that).
No problemo. Bring earplugs.

Everything okay with your car?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:30 PM

Basically, drive your own pace. Don't EVER try to go any faster than you feel comfortable with because that is how mistakes happen. If you are worried about slowing other people down, run toward the tail end of one of the groups (we break into smaller groups depending on total number of people who show up). Other people in this group totally understand the need to allow breathing room and so you will not be tailgated by anyone even if they want to go faster than you. We all understand that tailgating someone is just asking for trouble (and makes others uncomfortable). These are public roads, after all, and driving like complete douchebags is strongly discouraged. At the various designated stop points there are opportunities to change up the order of the cars in case someone wants to be ahead of you.

Thanks for the advice. This will be my 1st time also
Old 04-23-2013, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that makes me feel better, I won't be able to come to this April run cuz I've still got to finish fixing body damage on my s and then get it inspected and registered, but it will be ready for may

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.