California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lleron
I'm interested in going (just picked up my s2k last weekend) but am worried that I'm not going to be able to keep up with you guys. I've never really done any autocross/track driving and my car came with super crappy tires/brake pads on it when I bought it.

I'm no where near to knowing the limits of the car as well. Would I be better off going out a few times by myself first to get a feel for the roads/car?
Congrats on your purchase so come out and enjoy your car!

Like RMurphy said, you drive at your own pace and the organizers will make sure that you dont get left behind. I was concerned about my ability to keep up with the group before I went for the first time but it's actually nothing to worry about. Your safety is the most important thing and no one will pressure you to go faster.

I have been going several times and I really enjoy it now where I try to make it to many as possible.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:27 AM

Am I evil for wishing it rains on the 31st?
If it gets pushed back a week I can make it ;-)
Old 03-27-2013, 01:02 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

This will be my first time meeting up with you guys, So i am looking forward to it.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:06 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Cargo
Am I evil for wishing it rains on the 31st?
If it gets pushed back a week I can make it ;-)
You're not evil.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cargo
Am I evil for wishing it rains on the 31st?If it gets pushed back a week I can make it ;-)
I'm with you there lol
Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 AM

Chance of rain dropped to 10%, with 64 high and 54 low!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 08S2000
Originally Posted by lleron' timestamp='1364326414' post='22430021
I'm interested in going (just picked up my s2k last weekend) but am worried that I'm not going to be able to keep up with you guys. I've never really done any autocross/track driving and my car came with super crappy tires/brake pads on it when I bought it.

I'm no where near to knowing the limits of the car as well. Would I be better off going out a few times by myself first to get a feel for the roads/car?
Congrats on your purchase so come out and enjoy your car!

Like RMurphy said, you drive at your own pace and the organizers will make sure that you dont get left behind. I was concerned about my ability to keep up with the group before I went for the first time but it's actually nothing to worry about. Your safety is the most important thing and no one will pressure you to go faster.

I have been going several times and I really enjoy it now where I try to make it to many as possible.

Thanks for the support guys. I think I'm going to make an effort to make it out there (and it's only like 5-10 miles from me..). It does seem like the weather forecast has cleared up as well.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeah, weather report for Sunday really varies depending on if you use accuweather.com or weather.com. I have never been able to figure out why they differ in reports so much! Regardless of which report one chooses to put faith in, they both say it will be quite cool with a high of only 65 degrees.

Anyway, we'll keep an eye on it and make a determination by Saturday so people can plan accordingly.

On one hand, I hope it rains (for Paul's sake). On the other hand, I hope it doesn't (cuz I enjoy the drive).
Old 03-29-2013, 09:18 AM

Yeah, weather report for Sunday really varies depending on if you use accuweather.com or weather.com. I have never been able to figure out why they differ in reports so much! Regardless of which report one chooses to put faith in, they both say it will be quite cool with a high of only 65 degrees.

================================================== =========

It's because they're just guessing what the weather will be like. It's their best estimate. I never trust them and I don't it will be predictable like it was in Back to the Future II.

Side note: 2 years till 2015. Where's my damn hover board?
Old 03-30-2013, 11:39 AM

I think we might try to go for part of this run. I want to try setting up the gopro if I can find the suction cup. Any thoughts on a good camera location for this drive?

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.