California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Bump: One week reminder
Old 03-24-2013, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking of getting some pads and rocking the accord this time to make it a challenge I love my bucket.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

New tires and pads/rotors going on this week, Sunday will be fun
Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My VW friend just told me about this and they just had their drive this past Sunday. He said it was really fun. May have to come out.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:33 AM

I'm interested in going (just picked up my s2k last weekend) but am worried that I'm not going to be able to keep up with you guys. I've never really done any autocross/track driving and my car came with super crappy tires/brake pads on it when I bought it.

I'm no where near to knowing the limits of the car as well. Would I be better off going out a few times by myself first to get a feel for the roads/car?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by lleron
I'm interested in going (just picked up my s2k last weekend) but am worried that I'm not going to be able to keep up with you guys. I've never really done any autocross/track driving and my car came with super crappy tires/brake pads on it when I bought it.

I'm no where near to knowing the limits of the car as well. Would I be better off going out a few times by myself first to get a feel for the roads/car?
I would suggest you come out, give it a whirl, drive your own pace (we won't let you get lost) and see how it goes. You don't have to stay for the entire drive. If you feel like it's over your head, just let someone know you are bailing (so we don't think you got lost and send out a search party for you) and do your own thing. We provide route sheets and tape (so you can tape it to your dash and it won't fly off). You can follow the route sheet at your own pace without the group if you prefer.

The trick in any group drive is to never over drive what you feel comfortable with doing. That is how bad things happen. Never let what anyone else thinks (or what you think anyone else thinks) influence you to drive the car harder than you feel you (or the car, or both) can handle. For instance, if you are having to cross double yellows to keep the car from stepping out on you, then you are over driving the situation. Or, as I like to say in the Safety Nazis speech, "You're just plain doing it wrong." :-D

We're a friendly bunch. Just don't miss the Safety Nazis speech (aka driver's meeting) where we go over details of what you need to know to keep it safe and fun.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 PM

Old 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM

ruh-roh. Thanks for the heads up, Alan. Hadn't checked that recently.

Okay... well, we'll keep an eye on it. If the likelihood for precipitation increases, we may have to postpone one week.

For those unaware, we do not do the drive in the rain. Y'all can do whatever you like, but I don't feel comfortable encouraging a spirited drive on wet roads. Just not a good idea.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy

Okay... well, we'll keep an eye on it. If the likelihood for precipitation increases, we may have to postpone one week.

For those unaware, we do not do the drive in the rain. Y'all can do whatever you like, but I don't feel comfortable encouraging a spirited drive on wet roads. Just not a good idea.
Wet roads are pretty scary...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-26-2013, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by stupkid
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1364338618' post='22430538

Wet roads are pretty scary...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, they can be. And you have video to prove it!

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.