California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Cargo
Someone should try to do a prerun before Sunday to check for major runoff or obstructions from the rain.
I might be able to on Saturday but not 100% sure if I will be able to yet.
Yeah, I don't know if I can manage to break away for that on Saturday either. If I do, chances are I'd go in the Yaris to conserve gas. Prices are up again.

Chances are good there will be some mild debris, particularly near the road edges, but since the rain passed through and has long gone now, the run-off should be minimal.

Originally Posted by jib2222
I'm in if it isn't raining, I have 5 professional VHF encrypted radios I can bring.
Thanks re the radios.

Paul, Alan, and I usually pow-wow a day or so before the drive, and if it's raining we cancel it anyway. I wouldn't want to lead anything like that in the rain, particularly when it's cold. Others might have no issues in the rain, but I wouldn't do/lead it and I wouldn't ask anyone else to lead it either. I don't think anyone in our group fancies themselves the next Ayrton Senna (well, maybe Alan does -- lol!) so most of us don't want to take the risk which drives in the rain bring. :-D Right now, there is no rain in the forecast for the next 5 days.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:12 PM

After-thought: maybe someone who has attended in the past, has a route sheet, and maybe can't make Sunday would do us the favor of checking it out Saturday and reporting back conditions. :-)
Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
After-thought: maybe someone who has attended in the past, has a route sheet, and maybe can't make Sunday would do us the favor of checking it out Saturday and reporting back conditions. :-)
I can check it out tomorrow or after golf on Saturday since I'm there at Malibu GC.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by jib2222
I can check it out tomorrow or after golf on Saturday since I'm there at Malibu GC.
Very cool! Thanks!!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I thought I'd be able to make this but I have a big midterm on Monday to study for Next time.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:51 AM

Almost here. Gopro is charged and ready.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:44 PM

Yup. Weather is cool and windy but clear and sunny. Preliminary reports back on road conditions (thanks jib2222!) indicate about what we expected. Minor debris left but roads have been cleared of any major slides.

I expect we'll want to be more cognizant of the bicyclists needing extra space because of the debris issues which will exist at the sides of the roads.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by mostdope818
Hope its not too bad.
.but for that reason (debris/sand/dirt/dust) I didnt wash my stookie .last run i washed it the day before & had to wash it aftrr lol wasnt bad.just super dusty
A drive like this is always going to leave your car a little dirty (typically behind the rear wheels and on the rear bumper). Unless I've *just* recently waxed it and the dust is light enough that I can get away with a California Car Duster clean up on it, I pretty much always have to wash mine after the drive or I can't put the car cover back on when I park it that night.

Small price to pay for the amount of fun we have. :-D

Mine is a bit dusty already and some tire dressing is behind the wheel wells (front and back). I didn't bothering cleaning it up today either knowing it will need cleaning after the drive tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 AM

Woke up unintentionally too early but maybe some kind of self-preventative reaction not to miss the EOM. =)

See you guys soon.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:41 PM

Hey all! Great drive today! Thank you to all who came out and once again made this a group completely devoid of knuckleheads! I'm thrilled to be able to be part of something so very cool.

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2013 -- aka The EOM Drive.