California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2012.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RMurphy kindly directed me over here when I posted in the wrong forum (It was the first one I found!).

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so nice about my being a total pansy about the new paint. Not everyone would have been so understanding and gracious. I had a great time running with you guys!! Hopefully I can make more of these now that my car is home.

Also thanks for some great shots of my car!! The paint won't look that awesome for long, so it's nice to have some proof that she looked like this, once upon a time. I definitely need to get my decals back on there... It's so much yellow!

Hopefully Nate and I were able to convince RM that she does, in fact, need a Lotus.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM

wish i could have gone last month i broke my left ankle the day before. doctor said i will not be driving the s2000 till march ill miss this drive for awhile
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by sb67
I definitely need to get my decals back on there... It's so much yellow!
I like it just the way it is. It doesn't need any additional decals.

Originally Posted by Jstone_ap2
wish i could have gone last month i broke my left ankle the day before. doctor said i will not be driving the s2000 till march ill miss this drive for awhile
Ouch!! Hope it heals well and quickly!

And Gary's pics (G-Plan) turned out so cool. I love the effects he used to drop color on some items and keep it on others.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 PM

RMurphy - Since you liked the combo of black/white and color I put one more up with your car colored in. Hope you like.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by sb67' timestamp='1356998118' post='22238976
I definitely need to get my decals back on there... It's so much yellow!
I like it just the way it is. It doesn't need any additional decals.
Rocker panels guards and numbers are going back on As soon as my numbers come in the mail.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by sb67
Rocker panels guards and numbers are going back on As soon as my numbers come in the mail.
Well I guess numbers certainly make track days easier. :-D Can you do rockguards in clear though? I'm just in love with the nice clean look of the car just as it stands right now. It's so elegant and sleek, it just oozes sophisticated heat. I'm pretty sure the only thing that would make that car more appealing to me is if you dipped it in chocolate... and added a snifter of Grand Marnier.

I shouldn't have said that. You've probably got low temp melting chocolate in your fridge even as I type this.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Well I guess numbers certainly make track days easier. :-D Can you do rockguards in clear though? I'm just in love with the nice clean look of the car just as it stands right now. It's so elegant and sleek, it just oozes sophisticated heat. I'm pretty sure the only thing that would make that car more appealing to me is if you dipped it in chocolate... and added a snifter of Grand Marnier.

I shouldn't have said that. You've probably got low temp melting chocolate in your fridge even as I type this.
I'm getting a different font/design for the numbers this time, but it'll generally go back to looking like this:

I actually like the additional black accent on the car. I think it makes it look a bit more aggressive.
It already had a clear bra on the rockers, and not that these guards offer much in the way of additional rock protection, but they help keep the rubber off the vinyl. I had some permanent marks on the vinyl before (and a few gouges).
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM

Will there be a new thread for 2013 or are we just going to keep this one going?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM

There will be a new thread. :-)
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess whos back on the streets!

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2012.