California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2012.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by human668
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1349474212' post='22062290
Plah! Im lookin at at least another month on the build... since its down I just keep adding more and more jobs to it. Figured what the hell, might as well redo the suspension as well! Break in is gonna take some time because I am crazy by the book with these things, after the initial run, will be heat cycled on the dyno then the grueling 2500 miles in a stop and go scenario is going to kill me !!

Heres the status build https://www.s2ki.com/...andons-rebuild/
When it's done, it's gonna be a joy in canyon run.

Oh crap. It seems the next time you show up, my CR-Z and I will just be a rolling road block.

You are seriously fast in the CR-Z, it must handle very well and matched with your skill im sure you will still put some distance on me ^^ BTW LOVE that 458 my heart skips a beat every time I see one.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:34 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin
^ Ya, with some therapy maybe. Im having serious S2000 withdraws and with all the work being done to it, I feel like a little kid on christmas eve! Afew trips to willow for some lessons as well are on the menu! Hell, if anyone has a shotgun seat open, id still come out!
:-D Re the Christmas Eve thing.

Typically at least half of the cars that come out to the EOM drive lack any passenger seat ballast, so you may want to post up a fresh inquiry a few days to a week before the next drive. Totally your call of course, but realize that once you are a passenger in someone else's car, you are pretty much at their mercy of driving style, etc. I'm not saying anyone in the EOM drives crazy or anything, but I'm just pointing out the obvious. That's me... Queen of the Obvious. :-D
Old 10-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Banned

^ Its all good, crazy = excitement! I too, usually remove the passengers seat to save weight and random girls from randomly needing a ride home lol... this whole project is like a legal coke addiction, gets you high, costs alot of money then costs more and then you wanna do more and it costs more. Modifications are a black hole in the bank account!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:32 PM

^ Its all good, crazy = excitement! I too, usually remove the passengers seat to save weight and random girls from randomly needing a ride home lol... this whole project is like a legal coke addiction, gets you high, costs alot of money then costs more and then you wanna do more and it costs more. Modifications are a black hole in the bank account!
Ha! Actually, what I meant was they don't have anyone occupying the passenger seat, so it's likely someone may be willing to let you sit in. But yeah, if you are trying to cut weight on the car, passenger seat is something I guess you, as the driver, can do without. Might screw up the balance a bit and then you have to adjust for it with alignment, I suppose.

I don't have the mod addiction. Not sure why, but I don't. However, I have begun to have a hankerin' for a Lotus Elise though. Now THAT could be a problem.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1350075577' post='22078655
Ha! Actually, what I meant was they don't have anyone occupying the passenger seat, so it's likely someone may be willing to let you sit in. But yeah, if you are trying to cut weight on the car, passenger seat is something I guess you, as the driver, can do without. Might screw up the balance a bit and then you have to adjust for it with alignment, I suppose.

I don't have the mod addiction. Not sure why, but I don't. However, I have begun to have a hankerin' for a Lotus Elise though. Now THAT could be a problem.

Dont have the mod addiction huh, well get some boost and then I bet your tune will change Thats how it all starts, I was fine the first couple years OEM, but as soon as I put that Comptech Kit on, it was all down the toilet, the downward spiral of moddiction! Thats why we always joked about Forced Induction being a legal crack addiction, it is a great rush then you just want more and more and more and the associated costs follow a similar linear curve.

Youre right about the passengers seat and alignment ill most likely have the new suspension tuned with the passengers seat. Im curious though, would the passengers seat make enough difference in weight to matter?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 PM

Youre right about the passengers seat and alignment ill most likely have the new suspension tuned with the passengers seat. Im curious though, would the passengers seat make enough difference in weight to matter?
If you are sensitive enough to feel a performance difference from removing the weight of the seat, then I'm willing to bet you would feel the difference in an alignment with the seat removed. I know when I was at West End they made a point of telling me to bring the car in in the exact config for which I want it set up. So I showed up with 3/4 a tank of gas and my usual canyon drive stuff in the trunk. And they had me sit in the driver's seat.

Now, do I think *I* could feel the difference between passenger seat in or removed? Probably not, although I will lie my a$$ off and say I can! :-D I don't know what a stock S2000 seat weighs, although it's info that is probably readily available if one were to search a bit. Anyway, but I know that I *do* feel a performance difference with a 220 lb passenger in the car. Of that I am certain. The car feels more "planted" but I notice a mild whimpering noise that is not evident when no passenger is present. Can't imagine what the noise is. Increases under heavy braking particularly when there is a rock wall directly ahead.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Banned

^ Aye, ill most likely leave it in over all.... I get pretty lazy carrying it around and up and down the stairs. My biggest problem with the cars handling has to be the suspension, im still on the original OEM suspension and im sure its age is getting to it. Also recently noticed one of my front tires are pretty crowned from a bad camber setting so that also has to be what has been hurting my suspension geo. Im just gonna leave it be until the PSS9 goes in there then let Darin@west end tune it to what he feels is best, then maybe I can handle the mountains alittle better. Suspension components are my weak side because I know so little about what mods and adjustments to make.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for the 28th dialed in my suspension, got an alignment, and corner balanced. Should be a fun drive
Old 10-18-2012, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for the 28th either!!!! New S to try out!! Hope to see some familiar faces.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by i69myAp1
Can't wait for the 28th either!!!! New S to try out!! Hope to see some familiar faces.
You replaced the one you crashed already? Or am I just confused?

Posted via mobile. sorry about any typos. :-( dyac.com is like my life story.

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2012.