California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2012.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a blast as always.
I got a bunch of video that I'll try and get posted by tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Had fun meeting you all! I'll try to get my Camry-driving friend to drive something with more balls next time.

Originally Posted by RMurphy
We had one unfortunate event during the drive and that was on Latigo Canyon. No physical injuries but one S did sustain some damage. That makes me sad. Not fun when that happens. :-( I think Latigo is the only road where folks seem to have issues. Makes me wonder if I should alter the route (but Ivan, aka Walnut, loves that road and so do I, kind of), or make a much stronger disclaimer before we head down it.
I split off before the Latigo run but from what I remember there's a lot of tricky corners (blind, off-camber, decreasing radius, etc) - I've slid my RSX off before. I'd warn to people not to drive past 8/10ths on it unless they've seen the road before.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 PM

So I had an accident on Latigo Canyon but I don't think you should alter the route because it is a good road to ride on. Luckily the damage on my S wasn't to bad and it will get repaired this week. I am just glad there wasn't any other car or cyclist near by or else someone could have gotten hurt.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by dateggy90
So I had an accident on Latigo Canyon but I don't think you should alter the route because it is a good road to ride on.
Well, it is and it isn't. It's a nice layout of road, but it is in serious need of resurfacing. I always have mixed emotions on driving it with a group because anyone lowered has to be extra careful to slow it down so as not to bottom out over the bumps.

Do keep us posted on the repairs. I feel terrible that you had an "off" while on my watch, so to speak. I don't want to be known as the chick who leads the drives that people crash on. I can definitely do a better job or reminding people about the roads we are about to drive. And yeah, I do think dividing into smaller groups when we get a big turn out will help immensely.

Thanks to EVERYONE who came out today! I know it's hard to get out of that bed early on a Sunday morning, but it's oh-so worth it once you're out on the twisties.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by dateggy90
So I had an accident on Latigo Canyon but I don't think you should alter the route because it is a good road to ride on. Luckily the damage on my S wasn't to bad and it will get repaired this week. I am just glad there wasn't any other car or cyclist near by or else someone could have gotten hurt.
$h!t Happens Dude, not that bad. I came close to dive time on Decker Cyn. The S2K is a special car to drive, very scary.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:43 PM

Hi, I was in the white cr. That 2nd part of the drive was awesome, definitely worth staying for (to let all the newcomers know) I will be waiting on the pics and vids, i know there are a couple people who took them. And thanks for hosting, and thanks to the leader/sweeper. As a first timer on most of those roads, I would say anything past 50% would be risky. There was quite a bit of dirt on some of the roads from people pulling into traffic, and a lot of the corners are blind decreasing radius, so unless you know the roads well, pushing it too hard can be detrimental, just fyi. Wont be able to make it out to the next one, but will definitely be joining again
Old 04-29-2012, 11:54 PM

Here's a video!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 PM

Old 04-30-2012, 10:29 AM

Well It took all night to upload all 10 of the videos I took yesterday (4/29/12).
These are raw no music, no editing, just canyon fun
Sorry about posting a link but I think its easier this way.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CargoGSR?feature=mhee
Old 04-30-2012, 03:36 PM

awesome, and available in 1080!!!!

Quick Reply: Last Sunday of the month Santa Monica Mtns run 2012.