California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

lasik

Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lasik

I've been thinking about doing Lasik because it takes me a while to deal with contacts and glasses every day. Yes its 2-5 mintues here and there, but its everyday and don't want the hassle.

My cousins did it like a few years back and I remember they needed to be in dark rooms for like 3 days. But now I heard that the technology got better and is more of an in & out procedure. Anyone know if this is true?

I'm only neg -1.50- 1.75 so I'm not sure they will do it for me.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Gatsbee13

got custom wavefront about 2 years ago. its an advanced form of lasik. more precise.im still 20/20 and im on the computer all day. i got it kind of young at just below 24 yrs of age. i would recommend the person be atleast 25 years of age. but its up to you and the doctor. try Dr. Robert Lin at iqlaservision.com - good luck
Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM

how much was it? im also thinking of gettin lasik as well.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:27 PM

I did Lasik two years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. I was just tired of using glasses. It probably took me about two months to fully get a 20/20 vision. Some people heal faster than others. I did wavefront and the doctor said that it usually takes longer to heal than regular Lasik. I am sure prices are lower now comparing to two years ago. I wouldn't trust those $300 per eye Lasik add. If you are in Socal I would highly recommend this place. It's pricey but he's one of the best in the business

http://maloneyvision.reachlocal.net/

Old 06-16-2008, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm actually thinking about getting it done this summer. Went in for a consultation last summer and I backed out. It was pretty pricey from what I remember for the Wavefront Lasik. (I think it was like $4-5k for both? I don't know what I did with my price quote sheet).

I never was a -1. anything. I started at -3.0 and have gone up from there. Currently at -6.0R and -5.5L in contacts which means I'm at least -6.5R and -6.0L Bad vision runs in my family and I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade Thinking my vision has stabled a bit over the past 4 years that I was ready to look into it again.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lilazngrl4o8,Jun 16 2008, 10:36 PM
I'm actually thinking about getting it done this summer. Went in for a consultation last summer and I backed out. It was pretty pricey from what I remember for the Wavefront Lasik. (I think it was like $4-5k for both? I don't know what I did with my price quote sheet).

I never was a -1. anything. I started at -3.0 and have gone up from there. Currently at -6.0R and -5.5L in contacts which means I'm at least -6.5R and -6.0L Bad vision runs in my family and I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade Thinking my vision has stabled a bit over the past 4 years that I was ready to look into it again.
some girls look so hot with glasses. the nerdy hot look...
Old 06-17-2008, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by sokdo,Jun 17 2008, 12:26 AM
some girls look so hot with glasses. the nerdy hot look...
Old 06-21-2008, 12:55 PM

mines arent as bad, i just have astigmatism? so hopefully it doesnt cost as much.
im just gettin tired of not being able to see in the mornings and having to ride with glasses. contacts doesnt work too well with me so i've stop wearing them.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:35 PM

Whatever you guys do, make sure you don't go cheap on this. Some advice I got:
1. Make sure that the person owns their own equipment - if they're renting out afterhours of another guy, they don't know the equip as well, aren't as established.
2. See if they are currently involved in research - it's always a good sign if they are cutting edge (no pun intended). If not, be sure to check that this is their area of expertise, and are established in the field.
3. Look at their data - sometimes they'll let you look at the #s of how other people have done with them.
4. Ask basic questions (recovery time, expected problems) and see how they respond - it they're overly optimistic, be wary.
5. Some have financing deals - I had a deal that had monthly payments, no interest. I could've paid up front to get money back on my credit card, but turned out that this was a better deal.

Also be aware that the best case scenario may not happen, and would you be ok with, say, 20/30 vision and mild to moderate halos? Be sure to ask about likely outcomes, not just best case.

A few years ago I had intraocular lenses put in (kinda like internal hard contacts), and while I am 20/20, I do have moderate halos on the right side, but for me, totally worth it, considering that I couldn't get lasik done (the correction was too high and my corneas too steep). Pricey, but some of the best money I've ever spent. Take your time, investigate/research well. Back to the 'measure twice cut once' rule.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'll be getting the wavefront done on my eyes this upcoming thursday, ill let you know how it goes

Quick Reply: lasik