California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

knock sensor code

Old 07-02-2014, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knock sensor code

Hey guys I relpaced my intake manifold this weekend with a bored out one and as we replaced the tb with the big bore one from ballade I also got a hondata intake manifold fold gasket. After the repair I drove my car and cruising around 35 mph my CEL came on pulled the code and knock sensor circuit malfunction I don't think I did anything to the knock sensor or the connector ... Only issue I have is idle fluctuates under a 1k and little over a 1k could be cause of the new tb and manifold ... Any body else experience this any advice would help
Old 07-02-2014, 12:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

was this the same manifold that your bored awhile back? I remember reading the thread and replying to it. You matched the intake manifold with the tb? I have never experienced the idle fluctuation with the bored out intake manifold and tb, granted they are both Ballade Sports products and both matched well.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by kaotik25
was this the same manifold that your bored awhile back? I remember reading the thread and replying to it. You matched the intake manifold with the tb? I have never experienced the idle fluctuation with the bored out intake manifold and tb, granted they are both Ballade Sports products and both matched well.
Yea I just got around to installing it ive been so busy with other stuff havent had time to put in work. I know took the time so the match is dead on i measured it and its a slight smaller than theirs. Only thing different is I read that there is specific instructions on how to install the Hondata gasket. I feel like its running to lean I'm going to pull the plugs and check them out this weekend.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by kaotik25
So the wire that goes into my knock sensor was completely broken repaired the wire and now im back to a 100% soo happy
Old 07-09-2014, 07:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts