California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Just got ticketed

Old 01-27-2007, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and lidar = laser-based speed detector. It has to be hit your car and bounce back. It's impossible for them to get you unless they have a line of sight. My friend works for UCPD and has used lidar a couple times. He said it'll have a bit of trouble even with dense fog, so for a cop to claim it got you through any physical medium denser than WATER PARTICLES is complete bull.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I got my 1st and only ticket, , it was for speeding in JUL 06 and I was going 27 over the limit (72 in a 45), the judge told me no traffic school if your going more than 25 over the limit. So take traffic school if you can otherwise your insurance is gonna go up a bit. Mine went from about 75 month to 100 month, but the ticket will fall off my record after 3 years.

I agree, fighting a ticket is pointless these days, the courts are all about getting paid. My dad got a camera ticket a few years back in his 76 chevy monte carlo. He fought it in court and even an officer said he should be dismissed cause the red light camera only caught the rear quartepanel/bumper, but the judge simply said, we dont overturn any red light tickets. Its all BS!!
Old 01-27-2007, 02:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you were speeding, then pay the ticket and take traffic school. You finally got caught breaking the law.

If you weren't speeding and can make a good case, then fight it and cross your fingers.

And you CAN take traffic school within 18 months. Judge just has to say yes.

If you live in orange county, you have to take traffic school at some particular court. if you don't, then you can go to any approved court. Because you got a ticket in orange county, online traffic school is not an option.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by chuhsi,Jan 27 2007, 03:55 PM
If you were speeding, then pay the ticket and take traffic school. You finally got caught breaking the law.

If you weren't speeding and can make a good case, then fight it and cross your fingers.

And you CAN take traffic school within 18 months. Judge just has to say yes.

If you live in orange county, you have to take traffic school at some particular court. if you don't, then you can go to any approved court. Because you got a ticket in orange county, online traffic school is not an option.
I was definitely breaking the law since I was going above 60mph. I am pretty sure I was going between 70-75, that is why when he showed me the Lidar stating I was going 80 I was surprised. I guess if they give me traffic school as an option, I'll take it, if not then I guess I will have to fight for traffic school or magically have the case dismissed.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=NFRAP1,Jan 27 2007, 03:39 PM] take traffic school if you can otherwise your insurance is gonna go up a bit. Mine went from about 75 month to 100 month, but
Old 01-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you know that one ticket will cost you in added insurance $900 over the next 36 month
plus the cost of the ticket? 200-300?
Yep it sucks thats why I was hoping to take traffic school.
I have been doing auto ins. for a little over a year now and my $100 a month is nothing compared to people I've seen with DUIs and accidents, theres some crazy effin drivers out on the streets!!

oh yea, the ticket was like $330 I think.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:26 PM

There a zillion posts on here about "Trial by Declaration"...look them up and go that route. It has an extremely high success rate. I beat a $357 ticket using it. If you have any questions, IM me...

Also, someone said traffic school is out if your 20 mph over...That's incorrect. I had a 90+ speeding ticket in northern CA and did online traffic school. I believe it depends on the county.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by BobsS2000,Jan 27 2007, 06:26 PM
There a zillion posts on here about "Trial by Declaration"...look them up and go that route. It has an extremely high success rate. I beat a $357 ticket using it. If you have any questions, IM me...

Also, someone said traffic school is out if your 20 mph over...That's incorrect. I had a 90+ speeding ticket in northern CA and did online traffic school. I believe it depends on the county.
Would that be the one where you fight the ticket through wirting letters n stuff? 'Cause i remember hearing that the officers are less likely to fight through the "mail" because it takes time which they dont get paid for.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:17 AM

[QUOTE=BobsS2000,Jan 27 2007, 06:26 PM] Also, someone said traffic school is out if your 20 mph over...That's incorrect.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:46 AM

Your speedometer may be off too. If you think you might have been going 75, you might actually have been doing 80. Speedo error is pretty common and actually gets worse at higher speeds.

Regarding traffic school, even if there is a rule for no traffic school above a certain speed, you can always plead guilty and ask the judge for traffic school. You have to go to court, but it's worth it to save the insurance cost and remove the points. I was 30 mph over a couple of years ago and did it this way. Dress nice for court. A suit and no visibile piercings or tattoos helps with judges.

Quick Reply: Just got ticketed