California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Just got camera'd in beverly hills...

Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you guys suggesting I fight it? By saying it's not me driving the car?

For future reference I can completely get away with a red light camera by just covering my face as I break the light? Why doesn't everyone know about that, then?

Guishin, I'm not sure if the ticket is still on my record or not. Taking traffic school will just clear the points though, right? There's nothing I can do to reduce the fine?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by megathunder,Nov 18 2009, 08:22 PM
How are you guys suggesting I fight it? By saying it's not me driving the car?

For future reference I can completely get away with a red light camera by just covering my face as I break the light? Why doesn't everyone know about that, then?

Guishin, I'm not sure if the ticket is still on my record or not. Taking traffic school will just clear the points though, right? There's nothing I can do to reduce the fine?
traffic school actually INCREASES your fine. they tack on some extra BS charge. then you'll actually have to pay the school to take the class.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by megathunder,Nov 18 2009, 08:22 PM
I think you should find out if the first ticket is on your record or not at the dmv. Unfortunately, I don't think you can reduce the fine but it doesn't hurt to try. I also think that it's better to clear the points so you can avoid paying higher insurance rates during the time it takes for the points to come off (it'll save you money in the long run).
Old 11-18-2009, 08:51 PM

If it is anything like the OC ones, you pay for the violation and if you opt for traffic school then it's an added fee (~$65?). From my experience, the option for traffic school is available 1 time per 18months.

So, if you get one ticket and go to traffic school, you can't go to traffic school for any other offense within the next 18 months.

As for the covering your face thing, that's really not the issue. If you were to hide anything, it would be your plates.

When I got my ticket in the mail, fighting it didn't seem like a logical thing to do because of the 4 pictures (your face, front plate, rear plate, violation in action) & video link they give of you committing the violation.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 PM

Hey guys, so I'm stupid for not bringing this up earlier but I just realized the car's in my mothers name (don't give me ****, just trying to get through college as a pre-med w/ no money). So she can just go to court and contest saying the driver isn't her, right? Question is hasn't this happened a million times before and so can the judge still give her the ticket under the assumption it's her son driving? (EDIT: especially since my name is under our joint insurance)
Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 AM

I remember reading somewhere on a website (similar to that of Ticket Assassin) that because its under someone else's name, all they have to do is testify in court that it is not him/her driving. They are not bound by law to give the name/identity of the driver from what I understand. I may be wrong on that one so don't quote me. But, that doesn't mean that they won't harass whoever the owner of the car is (your mother in this case).

I don't think that the judge can give her the ticket if the pictures clearly show (and I'm sure they do) that its not her driving.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Gatsbee13

just spoke with my co-worker.. he got a red light camera ticket in the san fernando valley in july and the city mailed him the ticket 14 days after the snapshot.. he argued that since they didnt mail it to him within 14 days, it was invalid. and he won.. thats one way to beat if if they dont send it to you on time.. GL