California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Jury Duty Questions..

Old 05-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Jury Duty Questions..

Got a Jury Duty Summons on a FRIDAY July3rd

So does that mean I call in on friday, sat, sun, monday, tuesday, and hope not to get called,

or do I call on Friday... Take Sat off, Take Sunday off, re-call back on Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thursday and hope not to get called....

Does anyone know..

Desp. measures,.. I'll wear a political Tshirt

But does anyone know? If I have to call in Sat, or Sunday or does it start over on Monday?
Old 05-20-2009, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you call thursday night. or just check online with your badge # and pin.

i've been postponing mine
Old 05-20-2009, 01:15 PM

i served jury duty couple weeks ago but i didnt get chosen for the case luckily..you have to expect that you might serve the time they tell you to be prepared for..you call the number on the summons you got with your juror id # and it will tell you wether you have to report or not..I called on sunday night just to be sure and it said i had to report on Monday so i took the day off work and went..it actually wasnt that bad...but yea i also didnt have to serve on a case..so
Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just raise your hand when they ask if u have any personal experience with whatever the case is about.. then bam dismissed
Old 05-20-2009, 01:17 PM

you actually got called into a specific day? i think you gotta go that day

at least for the downtown LA court it usually means you were a no show a previous time where they normally give you a week where you gotta call in every night.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM

they only pick professionals for cases, for example engineers. not the average joe non degree peeps or peeps with degrees but fresh out of college they wont pick either, it think. so if your somewhere in that criteria as a professional, you might get picked. GL

im lucky. i only got called once. but at the time i was working for a temp agency. had them send a letter to the jury duty peeps saying i didnt get paid for going to jury duty. ever since then i never got called for jury duty. this was back in 98
Old 05-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by epark310,May 20 2009, 02:15 PM
i served jury duty couple weeks ago but i didnt get chosen for the case luckily..you have to expect that you might serve the time they tell you to be prepared for..you call the number on the summons you got with your juror id # and it will tell you wether you have to report or not..I called on sunday night just to be sure and it said i had to report on Monday so i took the day off work and went..it actually wasnt that bad...but yea i also didnt have to serve on a case..so
I can't believe you had to call on a Sunday Night...

So I guess I have to call on July 3rd at 5PM

There is a section for no english
Old 05-20-2009, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,May 20 2009, 01:20 PM
I can't believe you had to call on a Sunday Night...

So I guess I have to call on July 3rd at 5PM

There is a section for no english
i just wanted to be sure i had to report haha so i called on sunday night..its a automated machine that tells you wether you have to report or not..this lady that got picked for the case could barely speak english so i dont know? plus it was a boring ass case so i REALLY REALLY didnt wanna get picked..i always thought they asked the questions before you even go into the courtroom but they ask in front of everybody just questions regarding the case..the case i had some guy like ruptured his butthole while surfing somehow and his care at the hospital was not satisfactory so he was sueing them..so the questions i got asked was like am i biased against hospitals or their staff..do i think hes just trying to come up money? etcetc those kinds of questions...some young kid said he doesnt like Mexicans and he got dismissed immediately..hahaha cus the guy sueing was Hispanic...
Old 05-20-2009, 01:37 PM

yea, normally they give you a week to call in and you gotta call in each night to see if you need to go the next day. in your case, the fact that they gave you a specific day is kinda odd (different court different rules).

i've done jury duty twice. this last time i actually got called onto a trial (FML). it was a waste of time but checking out downtown LA and getting home at 4pm is always nice.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Community Organizer

Since I'm asked to call in on Friday, Should I call in on Sat? (No court on the weekend...)

Quick Reply: Jury Duty Questions..