California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

I'm back guys

Old 07-28-2006, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanos954,Jul 28 2006, 09:53 AM
When did I say we should give him harsh admonishments or reprimands? It's a tragic event and nothing can change that. I simply said maybe we should ease up on the others in lesser situations if we can be so easy in this most difficult situation.
I think you misunderstood what I said . Nobody is giving admonishment or reprimands, because it's too late.

However, if it takes some yelling at someone to possibly prevent something like this in the future, I'm all for it.

Just my thoughts.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Jul 28 2006, 09:01 AM
I think you misunderstood what I said . Nobody is giving admonishment or reprimands, because it's too late.

However, if it takes some yelling at someone to possibly prevent something like this in the future, I'm all for it.

Just my thoughts.
I 100% agree with Nate on this one.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:13 AM

tough situation. just the fact that if you had a drink, even a sip of alcohol, you're gunna get pinned for drinking and driving by most people if not everyone. I still don't know what to think.

do you have a medical history. have you ever blacked out in the past. i have a friend when it is really hot outside, if she has a drink the likelihood of her blacking out is enhanced. she has a history. we had to bring her to the hospital once, and she blacked out one more time after that. both times were on extremely hot days. unfortunately none of this excuses what happened.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:28 AM

RIP, Scott Mendoza.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:05 AM

holy shit, man...sorry to hear that

Rhino pretty much said it best; how you cope with the situation is a testament to your strength as a person. Don't let this tragedy pass in vain.

God was definitely protecting you during the accident; continue to pray that he does the same during the course of the investigation.

Hope everything turns out ok.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 714s2k,Jul 27 2006, 11:18 PM
I'm on borrowed time the way I see it. I could have easily gone with Scott that night. I'm gonna make the most of everyday. I putting away my party boy life style, I'm more than likely giving up drinking for good. I'm gonna just try 100% at everything. No more half assing it at work or with school or anything. I'm thankfull for everything now. The simple task of brushing your teeth is something we all probably don't think twice about, but for me now is a very hard task. Just to use the bathroom is a mission that must be planned in advance. I'm not taking anything for granted anymore. I am still learning, and I have a long road ahead of me.

keep it up
Old 07-28-2006, 10:24 AM

wow sorry to hear. Hope u recover mentally and physically soon!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

RIP to Scott...

my thoughts are with you Andre... if you have a need just say so, people will do what they can...

Judging just isn't anyones job except the big guy in the sky...

we never stop learning... never...

keep the faith...*G*
Old 07-28-2006, 11:24 AM

Sorry to hear about you and your friend. This is something that would be hard on anyone. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

At this stage, you don't need anyone lecturing you. From your post, I realize you have a long road ahead of you. I hope you recover quickly physically, I am sure the mental part of the situation will unfortunately last a lifetime.

Speaking to the passenger (Scott) family will be one of the hardest things you will ever have to do in your life, and we wish you well (as BC said) we are here as a community to stand by you (fault is no longer an issue, the unfortunate situation has already taken place).

Make the most out of the learning experience and make sure that you express your deepest sympathy to Scott's family as quickly as you can. Good luck.

Quick Reply: I'm back guys