California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Illega Street Racing/Street Racing research

Old 01-29-2002, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone! I'm doing a paper on illegal or legal street racing culture. I was wondering if anyone can give me their input, experiences, knowledge of the culture of street racing. I want to know what your cars mean to you and what the world of racing means to you. I would like to meet some of you guys in person to interview you too. It's nothing too crazy but I would like to know what everyone thinks of illegal street racing or any other type or racing. I would especially like to interview those that have participated in street racing. At the same time, I would love to learn how to "drive" my car. So if you guys can give me any info, I would greatly appreciate it. If you want, you can PM me but someone has to teach me how to use the "PM" thing. hehe....or just leave a post on this thread. Thanks!

-Danny
Old 01-29-2002, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Illegal street racing is "illegal" that is why they have tracks. Not into it, don't believe those movies you've seen.

Tan
Old 01-29-2002, 07:16 PM

I said illegal or lega...doesn't matter.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:56 PM

www.sdstreetracing.com has quite a bit on the new dragnet as well as all of the in's and out's of street racing and of course why it is such a stupid thing to do. Also www.sdracelegal.com the street legal version of quarter mile in san diego.

the repocusions of street racing make it a truly stupid thing to do, I have had very bad strret racing experience back in the day. Being shot at, almost run off the road all after organized off road/private racing roads. I don't condone it and never will. Do your research don't let us do it for you.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:15 PM

you know what...I was trying to get info from experience of other people. This is not a "research" paper but a STUDY of the culture (observations and interpretations). It means finding out other people's experiences and finding out why they race and mod their cars. I've never street raced and would like to know the perspective of a racer. It seems that so far, I am getting a negative vibe from those who have posted so forget it. I wanted to get a broad view but it seems that this is not possible.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:29 PM

The negative vibe is probably cause you just sounded like you were pumped up about illegal street racing (why else would you write a paper on it?), so that's going to pop up a little red flag for a lot of people. Personally, I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know about why I go to track events with my car.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:14 AM

Street Racing is trendy now. 90% of the people at the races just wanna hangout. You stay up til 5am and basically just drive from spot to spot. It`s a bust.
Old 01-31-2002, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SteveUCI
Personally, I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know about why I go to track events with my car.
Likes looking at the back of my car
Old 01-31-2002, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by reecespieces

Likes looking at the back of my car
Only because I'm this close to LAPPING you!
Old 02-01-2002, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by vtecvoodoo
Street Racing is trendy now. 90% of the people at the races just wanna hangout. You stay up til 5am and basically just drive from spot to spot. It`s a bust.
yea I agree...my friends don't even go to street races anymore. If they find out people want to race them, then they either go to the track or go to some empty street in the middle of nowhere.

Quick Reply: Illega Street Racing/Street Racing research