California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

If I had a nickel for every stupid person...

Old 04-19-2005, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I had a nickel for every stupid person...

Funny thing happened to me on the way home from work.

So I'm heading S on the 5 going home and all out of nowhere comes a POS old school Si. The POS (and I say POS because it was all beat up... might have even rolled once or twice? Not too sure if it even had a front windshield?) jumps on my ass for no reason. BTW... it was about 7:30p.m and the freeway wasn't that busy.

I change lanes so he can pass... but apparently he wasn't having that. He again gets on my ass. I switch lanes once again so he can pass and be on his merry way. Instead he rolls up next to me and stays there. We're driving next to each other for about a minute and we're coming up on my exit (Crown Valley).

At this point he's on my right and I need to make the move towards the off ramp. I'm cruising at around 73mph so I speed up a bit to pass and he dumps it into 2nd and takes off. He gets a bit squirrelly and almost rear-ends another car (would have definitely caused an accident).

All of a sudden this '00 Blue Si comes rolling up hysterically laughing at me? I'm like... what'd I miss? He dumps it into 2nd and almost 180'd off to the right. I'm still like... what'd I miss?

Anywho... so I come up to CV and my new best friend in the POS is waiting there to turn right. I'm about to pass him to turn left and I happen to see a sticker on his back windshield.

Now mind you, I usually don't pay attention to people like that on the road (by acknowledging them... egging them on... etc), who in this guys case, almost rear ended another car. I usually stray away from dangerous drivers and tread more to the cautious side when it comes to my life. Sorry... a little sidebar.

So I look at this guy's sticker on his back windshield and it's an, "In Loving Memory..." sticker. I'm thinking... this guy's going to be a sticker on someone's car one day if he keeps that up.

The point to my rambling is to be careful out there... and if you happen to see this guy on the road give him a big thumb's up. Too many stupid people out there. It's not worth it. Take it to the track.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty dumb... POS w/ a B16 and they think they own the world
Old 04-19-2005, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by CrAzYNeSs,Apr 19 2005, 09:10 PM
pretty dumb... POS w/ a B16 and they think they own the world
ha ha i thought mustang owners were that way
Old 04-19-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-19-2005, 10:15 PM

If you see one of those old beat up civic hatches around the CV area with a DRAG lisence plate frame, its turbo and pretty damned quick.

Good call not egging him on though, I hate stupid people.

~Andrew
Old 04-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Kel

I just leave these guys alone. If they really start bugging you, then just drive grandma slow. They'll get real bored real fast and just take off.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:49 PM

As with what someone has already said, you would be surprised how fast you can get these "POS" to go, looks can be deceiving, but I don't agree with stupidity, especially with traffic
Old 04-20-2005, 01:05 AM

Lightbulb

I had the same thing happen on the 91 freeway tonight some d@ck face in a Highlighter yellow rsx lowered on some wheels with a huge do nothing wing decides to ride my ass. I cruise at a even lower speed. Then the f@#ker gets on the side of me & passes with the I'm so cool Maverick from Topgun smirk on his face. I feel like go away your bothering me kid. Oh & his lic# plate read VENUMUS. If you know him tell him the kit was tight but rips in the paint is very NOPIish= (GAY) & no one paints their hondas in neonesque bright colors anymore PRICK!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:11 AM

THEN AN OLDSCHOOL ECLIPSE PULLS THE SAME STUNT NEARING HOME. IGNORED!!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Banned

just drive safe everyone!

Quick Reply: If I had a nickel for every stupid person...