California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

I live in West LA

Old 09-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I live in West LA

For those of you that live in an apartment in west LA, where do you wash your car? I would prefer to wash my car myself rather than taking it to a car wash and those do-it-yourself car wash stalls don't work either (you can't continually wash and rinse without feeding the machine lots of quarters). So with that in mind, do any of you know of an open area with a water faucet that I could use to wash my car? Any suggestions?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha yea same problems im having....
i NEVER washed my car ever since i bought my car....

i used to wash it like every other day in the driveway of my house up in Fresno...

hmm everything is squeezed together and no space to do so in LA....

hopefully honda world will wash it for me after first oil change tomorrow
Old 09-06-2005, 10:56 PM

i live in west la also, well, west hollywood.

there are 2 places i go to.

1st, if it is early in the morning on a weekend, and i am actually awake with enough energy, i go to the coin op on la cienega just south of pico. if i get there around 9am no one is there, and i wash the car for 2.50 and fill my bucket, or i let the brush sud up and i steal the soap from the suds it makes. i soap the car, then i when i am done, i drop another 2.50 to rinse it off with the no spot rinse, then i drive home, by the time i get home, the car is spotless.

2nd, if it is late at night, like 9pm or so, i go to the coin op on santa monica blvd. i think it is a few blocks east of fairfax. and i repeat the process from the first place, but i think it is more than 2.50 there, i forget.

don't do this when there is people there, cuz they get pissed off if you are washing your car, and you aren't really using any of the coin op materials.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:15 PM

haha yea same problems im having....
i NEVER washed my car ever since i bought my car....

i used to wash it like every other day in the driveway of my house up in Fresno...

hmm everything is squeezed together and no space to do so in LA....

hopefully honda world will wash it for me after first oil change tomorrow
Yeah, I'm originally from San Diego and it was so much easier cleaning my car when I actually had my own driveway. As much as I love LA, the lack of space around here can get really annoying!

i live in west la also, well, west hollywood.

there are 2 places i go to.

1st, if it is early in the morning on a weekend, and i am actually awake with enough energy, i go to the coin op on la cienega just south of pico. if i get there around 9am no one is there, and i wash the car for 2.50 and fill my bucket, or i let the brush sud up and i steal the soap from the suds it makes. i soap the car, then i when i am done, i drop another 2.50 to rinse it off with the no spot rinse, then i drive home, by the time i get home, the car is spotless.

2nd, if it is late at night, like 9pm or so, i go to the coin op on santa monica blvd. i think it is a few blocks east of fairfax. and i repeat the process from the first place, but i think it is more than 2.50 there, i forget.

don't do this when there is people there, cuz they get pissed off if you are washing your car, and you aren't really using any of the coin op materials.
See my problem with coin ops is that you really can't take your time and do a great job washing your car. I want to find a place where I can have unlimited access to a hose so I can wash and rinse as many times as I want. But unfortunately, I don't think this place I dream of exists...sigh.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:31 AM

yea, i miss a driveway to wash my car in as well

In LA I've been using the BlueWave car wash on Santa Monica Blvd. at Federal...they seem to do a pretty decent job, but they can be pricey without coupons
Old 09-07-2005, 10:38 AM

i live in west L.A. and take my car to the BLUEWAVE car wash too. off santa monica. becasue my car is lower it dosen't go through the machine. instead i have them hand wash it. it is pricey but they do a good job.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:57 AM

^^ What's the cost for a hand wash at Bluewave?

I'm learning to wash the car less, and quick-detail/dust it more.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kWLA,Sep 7 2005, 11:38 AM
i live in west L.A. and take my car to the BLUEWAVE car wash too. off santa monica. becasue my car is lower it dosen't go through the machine. instead i have them hand wash it. it is pricey but they do a good job.
I use to do the same thing when I lived on Barrington and Nebraska. They do a good job, but they jack you on the pricing cuz your car is lowered
Old 09-07-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Sep 7 2005, 11:57 AM
^^ What's the cost for a hand wash at Bluewave?

I'm learning to wash the car less, and quick-detail/dust it more.
Back then (98-00) it was around $18.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:09 AM

i think its $16 if thy don't run it through. but next tiem I go is free Ill ask though .

Quick Reply: I live in West LA