California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

how2weasel out of a ticket i was clearly guilty of

Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

technically if im not mistaking in california all speed limits under 55 are only "recommended speeds" Thus you could argue you were driving in safe speeds for the circumstances. Give details such as the fact that you drive that road often, it was clear, no glare from the sun, dry pavements, few pedestrians that you could miss seeing, bla bla bla.

He doesn't have to show you the gun anymore ....i heard that one from some other guy in court.....the court found him guilty 100% of fine fee. NO tickets were lowered or dropped except mine.

Road surveys are OK......but I woudln't count on that. the gun calibration is a good bet, the officer will state the last cal. he did when he presents his opening statement against you. If he doesn't do this, instantly ask when he last did it. The judge will give you a chance to ask the officer questions.

Mine would go something along the lines of

"I would assume you would agree that there were few pedestrians out and that the weather was clear, the pavement dry."

I always try to list my main point first...then 2 other points that he COULDN'T really disagree with, thus he admits the one point you really want to use to argue.

For example in my case I was in the carpool and shouldn't have been. I said " The traffic was very light this day, as it always is around 2pm on a sunday westbound on the 91 freeway." The officer agreed..... after he just opened with a statement saying there was heavy traffic". Then I proceeded to explain that I lived on McKinley and had NO reason to use the carpool as I was almost home and would NEVER enter it at that point because there isn't a point to leave before the exit. Not only that but traffic wasn't heavy. I explained with a lack of heavy traffic there was no reason to violate, not only that but I showed a receipt for a soccer store that I bought supplies at to verify I was not in a rush on this sunday afternoon, simply out running errands. He never looked at the receipt but I put it on the table since it had the time of day. I also took a picture of the 91 freeway at 2pm on a sunday just incase the officer didn't jump for my semi-clever phrasing. Perhaps he saw it and thats why he put up no fight IDK.

In any case. It's just about your presentation.

Do you have any pics around that time to show lack of traffic to at least say ur not putting anyone in danger etc.???

Was it infact a safe speed?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew523,Mar 4 2008, 03:09 PM
LOL nice job of admitting guilt. Lets call it what it is, "how to weasel my way out of a ticket i was guilty of" thread haha
I never said I was doing 54........

Old 03-04-2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Mar 4 2008, 02:57 PM
I was really not speeding intentionally.....
Speeding is speeding .
Old 03-04-2008, 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=05TurboS2k,Mar 4 2008, 03:10 PM] Do you have
Old 03-04-2008, 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=Drew523,Mar 4 2008, 03:15 PM] Speeding is speeding
Old 03-04-2008, 02:28 PM

yep. you got a chance...... you need a good delivery #1
Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 PM

good luck with that, why not get huy's roommate to pay for it, since he caused u rage and grief last time.

=X
Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 PM

Remember this is not criminal, it's not beyond a resonable doubt but rather more likely then not.

That said you have to have a good case.

-Greg
Old 03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Gatsbee13

Originally Posted by intiMACY,Mar 4 2008, 02:00 PM
omggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got another speeding ticket agaiN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fucccccc. 2 in 3 months... dammit.
Slow down girl.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:06 PM

NO extension... Do the traffic school asap, so you can clear one point off your record.. First of all it is your first ticket, so take care of it now and don't wait, cause it will be 18 months later till you can take traffic school again.. So when you get another one it can be extended further so you can take traffic school again..

Example: 1st Ticket in December > Traffic school March done.. Hopefully you don't, but you get 2nd ticket February of next year, wait till 2nd to last day of due date which is usually 30 to 60 days after you recieved the ticket, then extend it for another 30 to 60 days, then when that comes around, extend again if you can.. Bam take traffic school again!! 0=points...

I've had my License suspended 6 times since the age of 16, something I'm not at all proud of, and those who know the entire story know what I mean..

Quick Reply: how2weasel out of a ticket i was clearly guilty of