California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

how2weasel out of a ticket i was clearly guilty of

Old 02-25-2008, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it sucks to live in Socal.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:25 AM

if this is only your first ticket, just pay the fine and goto traffic school and have it taken off your record. I mean if you goto court and lose your case you may lose your option of taking traffic school depending on the judge.

On a side note, congrats on poppping your ticket cherry, your no longer a virgin . Yea it sucks because that money could've gone towards clothes, mods, etc etc. Instead your money goes to the state. Traffic school isn't all that bad, I mean the one I went to was more entertaining than some classes i've had. I didn't get my first ticket until I was 24, which was last year... It was for illegal U-Turn, I was totally guilty cuz I saw the no U-Turn sign and I said screw it im in a rush and POPO saw me do it. He pulled me over and was like do you know why i pulled you over? my response was yup, I did that illegal u-turn right in front of you, he laughed and was like at least you know.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=f23power,Feb 24 2008, 11:18 PM] hi macy!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely goto traffic school. In fact I just went this past saturday. For the 1st half of the day, we were watching The Lion King (Part 3). Haha!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xdavieexx,Feb 25 2008, 05:35 AM
You still have to pay the ticket. At 90 MPH its very hard to win your case. Anytime you qualify for traffic school you should really just pay the fine and take the class. Going to court you waste about 2 days. If you do the written and lose I don't think they will give you the traffic school option. Then you will have to go to court to try to ask for it which is a hassle. I don't know if going 20+ will qualify you for traffic school or not i've never gone over 20+, well at least gotten a ticket for it.
I got ticketed 92 in a 65. Second offense within 18 months so no option for traffic school. Extended my ticket once and didn't have to send in my trial by written declaration for about 10 months after. I'm not sure if the theory that cops forget info/don't send their declaration in on time is true. I have heard stories that cops take notes of everything, and are often penalized if they don't send in their declarations. I did lose, but I got a fee reduction of about $100 and I was granted traffic school so I wouldn't get a point on my record.

There are "tricks" to help you in your situation at ticketassassin.com

If you lose the trial by written declaration, you can request a trial de novo to plea your case in court. For your first ticket though I would just send in a trial by written declaration, ask for a reduced fee and traffic school. If you really wanted to get into it, you can request information on the officer that pulled you over. Like someone mentioned before, they need to know how to calibrate the radar/laser and how to operate it properly etc etc. This was all too complicated for me I was happy with my fee reduction and traffic school so I stopped there

Definitely do not goto traffic school before the court date. Do an online traffic school. The last time I did it, took no more than an hour. Depends on your county though, some of the online traffic schools are timed (so you can't just keep clicking on to the next page).
Old 02-25-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekstar,Feb 25 2008, 09:36 AM
I got ticketed 92 in a 65. Second offense within 18 months so no option for traffic school. Extended my ticket once and didn't have to send in my trial by written declaration for about 10 months after. I'm not sure if the theory that cops forget info/don't send their declaration in on time is true. I have heard stories that cops take notes of everything, and are often penalized if they don't send in their declarations. I did lose, but I got a fee reduction of about $100 and I was granted traffic school so I wouldn't get a point on my record.

There are "tricks" to help you in your situation at ticketassassin.com

If you lose the trial by written declaration, you can request a trial de novo to plea your case in court. For your first ticket though I would just send in a trial by written declaration, ask for a reduced fee and traffic school. If you really wanted to get into it, you can request information on the officer that pulled you over. Like someone mentioned before, they need to know how to calibrate the radar/laser and how to operate it properly etc etc. This was all too complicated for me I was happy with my fee reduction and traffic school so I stopped there

Definitely do not goto traffic school before the court date. Do an online traffic school. The last time I did it, took no more than an hour. Depends on your county though, some of the online traffic schools are timed (so you can't just keep clicking on to the next page).
You got lucky to get fine reduction and traffic school. That was what I was aiming for in my TOD but all I got back was a guilty and that was it. I didn't bother to do the trial de novo because I really didnt care anymore. My ticket was failure to completely stop before turning right and I was probably crawling at 1 mph. It was almost a 400 dollar ticket
Old 02-25-2008, 12:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xdavieexx,Feb 25 2008, 12:57 PM
You got lucky to get fine reduction and traffic school. That was what I was aiming for in my TOD but all I got back was a guilty and that was it. I didn't bother to do the trial de novo because I really didnt care anymore. My ticket was failure to completely stop before turning right and I was probably crawling at 1 mph. It was almost a 400 dollar ticket
400!

If it makes you feel any better mine was 487

My brother just got a red light ticket for 390. They even send you a cool video online of you running the red
Old 02-25-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekstar,Feb 25 2008, 01:22 PM
400!

If it makes you feel any better mine was 487

My brother just got a red light ticket for 390. They even send you a cool video online of you running the red
yikes, mine was by a cop which pisses me off even more. I rather have a camera catch me because technically I was still moving, but a cop... come on have a heart freaking 1 mph.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:00 PM

omggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got another speeding ticket agaiN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fucccccc. 2 in 3 months... dammit.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM

Better slow down girl... I just got a notice in the mail as of march 26 my license is suspended =[ 3 pts last year and the finalle was wrecking my S

Quick Reply: how2weasel out of a ticket i was clearly guilty of