California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

How to get out of tickets

Old 05-14-2007, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking How to get out of tickets

ok, so aside from being a cute girl with a nice rack and a low cut shirt, what are some other ways to get out of tickets?

last night, i got pulled over in fountain valley on warner and brookhurst. i work at fountain valley hospital and i was driving on warner to get to the chevron to get a redbull ( i work the late shift). i remember looking at my speedometer when driving and i read 60 mph in a 45 zone. but i might have sped more than that after i looked. anyhow, i got pulled over into the chevron station and the officer approached me. he saw that i was in scrubs and his facial expression totally changed. he asked me if i worked at the hospital (duh, scrubs are a giveaway aren't they?) and asked me if i knew how fast i was going. i said no and he told me i was going 70! wtf? i highly doubt that i was actually going that fast but i think he was exaggerating only because i told him i didn't know. he let me off with a warning and told me to slow down. i was so relieved. but i heard from my co-workers that cops are really good to hospital workers because if one of them were to come to one, they want priority and good patient care. and by not giving tickets, they could get on the hospital's good side. i agree. i would totally treat them with priority if i were to see them come into ER.

at any rate, no ticket! woot! i saved about $200.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:12 AM

Driving in downtown LA (a rare occasion for me).
Ok, turn... hmm left here!
Hey what the.. I see head lights coming at me..
oops, I turned left onto a one way street...
I move over to the right to pull over. The
headlights move too. Why would a car.....

oh no..

It's a cop.

He stops right in front of me, head to head.
"Do you know why I stopped you, sir?"
"Uh, yeah. I'm a little lost".
He sees I'm living in Yorba Linda (at the time),
and says, "well, I don't have my ticket boot
on me, so I'ma let you go." :
He holds up traffic and lets me do a
U-turn, and I'm on my way...

Moral of the story? Have an out-of-town
boondocks drivers license!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 AM

i've heard docs, emt/paramedics (in uniform) or firefighters besides off duty cops get out of tickets all the time. my buddy on his way to work crossed out of the carpool double yellow and was pulled over. the cop came up took a look at the emt uniform and said tsk tsk, have a good day.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:38 AM

I was in a friend's WRX, behind a motorcycle CHP. My friend is kinda riding on this guy's tail, obviously going faster than the speed limit (all cops speed!). Anyway, the CHP switches over one lane to the right, and my friend speeds up...

ME: You're not really gonna pass him are you?
FRIEND: Why not?
COP (as we pass): [Siren - then points at me, then to side of the road]

Here is an important part to the story: My friend is white, but the cop only saw me because we passed the cop to his left.

So the cop asks for license and registration, asks why we were speeding, etc. Turns out my friend also didn't update the address on his license, which I guess you can also get a ticket for. But the cop isn't giving him a hard time. Goes to his bike and a couple minutes later, returns my friend's license and says

COP: Have a good day (walks away).
ME: WTF!!! If that was me, I'd totally have a ticket. It's cuz you're WHITE.
FRIEND: Ya, I gave him "the nod".

True story.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by minboost,May 14 2007, 08:38 AM
ME: WTF!!! If that was me, I'd totally have a ticket. It's cuz you're WHITE.

True story.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:45 AM

BUST OUT THE Military ID.

I've gotten out of multiple tickets. These two time were in my stolen 00 epb civic si.

1) After a night of Dnb, (thursday night style) made a quick run to del taco to soothe those morning woes, only to find out when I roll thru the drive-thru that it's not 24hrs at the Barranca and Lake. Cop in the parking lot, guns it to catch up to me as I'm leaving the plaza and pulls me over after I made a left. License/registration.. bullcrap and asked me if I was the same guy racing reported earlier today. I say no SIR and then he asked if I had done any drugs that night ( i guess i look the part??) I said of course not, I'm in the military and they piss test us all the time. He takes another look at my DL and tells me to have a good night.

2) Running thru a yellow on Vermont and Melrose w/o my seatbelt on a moto cop pulls me over and says that my exhaust isn't within stock specs and that it's louder that normal (RS-R exmag so I know it's not the loudest, quite possibly the quietest) and that he spotted me w/o a seatbelt (obviously i put the belt on before he came to my window. License/registration .. bullcrap and this time I didn't have a clever way to show him that I was in the military so, when he asked for my insurance, I kept my wallet open with my military ID showing hoping he would catch a glance. He did and told me to have a nice day.

basically I haven't gotten a ticket in 6 years but have been pulled over multiple times. Not always my fault or for good reason, but b/c i drove a modded Si...

hopefully the s2k holds the good luck too!
Old 05-14-2007, 11:49 AM

you all know that a few of our guys here on the site a local cops (super good guys, tuners at heart!) , I bet they get a chuckle out of these
Old 05-14-2007, 11:56 AM

I was reading up on an article which provides information on how to avoid paying for speeding tickets and such.

Tickets

Check it out
Old 05-14-2007, 01:56 PM

one story i've heard:

a guy was speeding and was pulled over by a cop. before the cop could say anything as he came up to his window, the driver asked, "officer, how long have you been waiting here?" the officer would reply, "30 minutes" (or whatever amount of time) and the driver said, "i got here as fast as i could." haha, the officer thought it was funny and let him go.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got pulled over in Pedro once for "no front license plate"

The cop initiated the conversation with, WHY DONT YOU HAVE A FRONT LICENSE PLATE?

And I replied with, because it looks pretty.

She replied with "it looks pretty?"

And I said "dont you think?"

She gave me my license back, and walked away saying nothing. Got in her car, and drove away.

Act gay, and cops will not know how to react, it works like a charm every time!!!

Quick Reply: How to get out of tickets