California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Honda Of Santa Monica...CLOSED

Old 09-27-2002, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always had good service when we took my wife's civic there for many years.
Old 09-27-2002, 04:58 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

I called them in April of this year, before buying my Silverstone/Red. I was told by the salesman that all dealers were charging a "special fee" of $10,000 over MSRP for the S2k because of the high demand. I told him that I had just got off the phone with a dealer in Alhambra who offered me MSRP. Without hesitating, he said I'll give you MSRP too- just come down right now! I wouldn't go anywhere near that place. I contacted several Honda dealers in SoCal before buying my car, and every one was a liar and a crook. If I could only find one honest/reputable Honda dealer close enough to take my car- can anyone help? I'll make a separate post about choking the salesman at Goudy Honda!
Old 09-27-2002, 09:53 PM

Yeah, the people at Santa Monica were arrogant and obnoxious when I was looking for my car last year. I called them up and asked for their sales manager. So this guy gets on the phone, who already sounded like he has a stick up his *ss, and I ask him what they are selling their s2000s for. He gave me that exact same line of "Well, we are selling the car at $10k over msrp....all the dealers are selling at this price because of the high demand." Then I inform him of a dealer (which is where I bought my car - Robertson Palmdale Honda) that was willing to sell under MSRP. The sales manager gets mad at me and says, "Well, you are not going to get that price here!" And hangs up on me! I was like WTF? I called and reported his actions to the general manager of the dealer and of course my calls went unanswered. So screw them. I hope they get shut down for good!
Old 09-28-2002, 04:25 AM

I wonder how this place got busted?Do you think someone who purchased a car started doing some reasearch on the DMV charges and dropped a dime on the dealership?or were they being watched by the DA's office in a sting type of deal?....I wonder
Old 09-30-2002, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience over there in the Sales office sucked too! I vowed never to go there again to buy any Honda's too! By far my worst experience in negotiating for a car! I'm glad they got busted!!!! Too bad for the service dept. though, I hear great things over in that dept.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:20 PM

That's what the sales department gets! A friend of mine went their before he bought his S and had an unpleasant experience w/ them.

I'm glad to here the service department is still open.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they get what's coming to them!
Old 10-03-2002, 11:48 AM

I talked with Ron Gee, the service manager a day after they were shut down. He told me that the lawsuit was for some things that the sales guys were doing. Also told me the people in question were fired a long time ago. They are now back up an running.

The service at Santa Monica has always been good. The sales, on the other hand, have not been up to par. Unfortunately, if the dealership is shut down permanently, the service will not survive on it's own.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:17 PM

I just pulled my car out of the service department for the 3rd time for the same issue. I am not impressed at all with their service but I had no idea they were down. I think I'll be switching to Miller Honda in the future.

By the way, this is the same service department that wanted to charge me $1700 for a clutch job that should have been done under warranty (TSB 54)

Old 10-04-2002, 01:56 PM

Guys, I got mine there...
Since I'm new in the US, can you exactly explain what is this DMV issue?
BTW: the guy I delt with was really kind...

Ciao
Alessandro

Quick Reply: Honda Of Santa Monica...CLOSED