California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Honda questionaire?

Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda questionaire?

Hey, i'm not sure if this breaks any forum rules, but I saw this craigslist posting:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...764287103.html

I'm not at all sure who is posting it or anything like that nor am I saying ur definitely getting paid, but if you're a honda owner and its a legit paid thing, 2 hours aint bad for 125 bucks.

If anyone knows more about this, post verification, people might benefit from it. gl
Old 05-30-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be legit but, in my opinion, it's not (i.e., sponsored by Honda). In the past, Honda has hired a 3rd party firm to conduct surveys. These surveys were targeted at specific vehicle owners (say, Odyssey, Insight, etc.) and Honda provided a database to the 3rd party firm for their sample. That's why it seems strange to post something like this on Craigslist unless it has nothing to do with Honda. That said, I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) a legitimate marketing firm, etc., can buy/rent a list from the CA DMV drilled down to location, car type, etc. In the past, I have received solicitations for extended warranties (legitimate?), other auto manufacturers, etc. and they listed the type of car that I have. How else would they know?

That's my two cents.