California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Honda Corporate Empolyees unaware of S2000s?

Old 11-26-2008, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Corporate Empolyees unaware of S2000s?

After getting my car serviced at Honda World Westminster, I stopped by the 76 station next door for gas. First thing I noticed were 3 Honda Corporate Employees dressed in all blue (like in the Honda commercials) with a big blue Odyssey van. I thought maybe they were there for a meeting at Honda World. So I proceeded with pumping gas into my S. Moments later, a Honda Accord pulled in and I see the 3 HCE rush to the driver and began their little promotional speech...

HCE: "Thank you for purchasing a Honda! As a token of our appreciation, Honda Corporate would like to give you this free tank of gas for this Thanksgiving holiday."

Me: "Hey how come I didn't receive this offer?"

HCE: "Oh you have to have a Honda."

Me: "But this is a Honda!"

HCE: "That's a Honda???"

Me: "Yea it's the S2000!"

HCE: "OMG we are so sorry! We didn't see a Honda badge on your car."

Me: "It's right here on the wheels!"

They told me to stop the gas pump and will fill up the rest of my tank on them. Unfortunately by then, they only had to fill 1 gallon! Oh well, 1 free gallon and a Honda air freshner is better than nothing Apparently they are going to different gas stations and honoring only 10 cars per location. If you are getting gas today, be sure to look out for the guys/gals in BLUE!

I just find it funny how Honda Corporate Employees don't even recognize the S2000! I mean c'mon shouldn't you know your own product line? Granted I have the Ricks S2000 badge but they should be able to recognize the car without the Honda emblem in the front right? Kinda funny but at same time I got robbed of a full tank! hahaha

If you are getting gas today, be sure to look out for the guys/gals in BLUE!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S2Koupe,Nov 26 2008, 02:04 PM
bunch of cheap corporate employees, waiting til gas is $2.50/gal to give out free gas!

Old 11-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Actually it was only $2.17 at that station for 91
Old 11-26-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC RHINO,Nov 26 2008, 02:02 PM
After getting my car serviced at Honda World Westminster, I stopped by the 76 station next door for gas. First thing I noticed were 3 Honda Corporate Employees dressed in all blue (like in the Honda commercials) with a big blue Odyssey van. I thought maybe they were there for a meeting at Honda World. So I proceeded with pumping gas into my S. Moments later, a Honda Accord pulled in and I see the 3 HCE rush to the driver and began their little promotional speech...

HCE: "Thank you for purchasing a Honda! As a token of our appreciation, Honda Corporate would like to give you this free tank of gas for this Thanksgiving holiday."

Me: "Hey how come I didn't receive this offer?"

HCE: "Oh you have to have a Honda."

Me: "But this is a Honda!"

HCE: "That's a Honda???"

Me: "Yea it's the S2000!"

HCE: "OMG we are so sorry! We didn't see a Honda badge on your car."

Me: "It's right here on the wheels!"

They told me to stop the gas pump and will fill up the rest of my tank on them. Unfortunately by then, they only had to fill 1 gallon! Oh well, 1 free gallon and a Honda air freshner is better than nothing Apparently they are going to different gas stations and honoring only 10 cars per location. If you are getting gas today, be sure to look out for the guys/gals in BLUE!

I just find it funny how Honda Corporate Employees don't even recognize the S2000! I mean c'mon shouldn't you know your own product line? Granted I have the Ricks S2000 badge but they should be able to recognize the car without the Honda emblem in the front right? Kinda funny but at same time I got robbed of a full tank! hahaha

If you are getting gas today, be sure to look out for the guys/gals in BLUE!
most likely arent honda employees and more likely a marking company hired to do this
Old 11-26-2008, 01:17 PM

They're not corperate associates. In fact they have never set foot in the American Honda building and Honda corperate employees don't wear blue shirts

These are contracted people through an agency who have had no formal training of Honda vehicles at all.
It is part of the "Helpful Honda People" campaign if you've heard the funny radio advertisments of the blue shirt people.

The agency just gets people off Craigslist for temp work to promote your Helpful So Cal Honda dealers.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by SC RHINO,Nov 26 2008, 02:12 PM
Actually it was only $2.17 at that station for 91
2.17!?!? stop putting cheap gas from "bubba's gas station" in your S
Old 11-26-2008, 01:22 PM

Hondahh ... At least they didn't call your car a Miata
Old 11-26-2008, 01:38 PM

whoa, thats sweet, free gas for driving a honda!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by klee1113,Nov 26 2008, 03:18 PM
2.17!?!? stop putting cheap gas from "bubba's gas station" in your S
is 76 is considered a lower tier gas brand?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by leester01,Nov 26 2008, 03:17 PM
They're not corperate associates. In fact they have never set foot in the American Honda building and Honda corperate employees don't wear blue shirts

These are contracted people through an agency who have had no formal training of Honda vehicles at all.
It is part of the "Helpful Honda People" campaign if you've heard the funny radio advertisments of the blue shirt people.

The agency just gets people off Craigslist for temp work to promote your Helpful So Cal Honda dealers.
ah that would make more sense. surprising that honda would even provide them with that light blue odyssey

Quick Reply: Honda Corporate Empolyees unaware of S2000s?