California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Hinged Wind Deflector

Old 04-05-2005, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hinged Wind Deflector

Sorry if this is a silly question, but when and why would you want to fold down the hinged wind deflector?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you have your top up so it doesnt disrupt your vision
Old 04-05-2005, 09:26 PM

I had mine down once...to check behind it because I heard weird noises from inside the car. DOH! I left a bracelet in the secret compartment.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by CrAzYNeSs,Apr 5 2005, 06:55 PM
When you have your top up so it doesnt disrupt your vision

also to decrease some reflection i get off it in the rear view mirror. friggin annoys me.

but what is it really. it is like a 3 inch piece of plastice. up or down, how much difference can it make.
for instance, right now i don't know what position it is in my car, and don't really much pay attention. but i do remember light bouncing off it and i put it down somewhere along the road.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by webdiva,Apr 5 2005, 09:26 PM
I had mine down once...to check behind it because I heard weird noises from inside the car. DOH! I left a bracelet in the secret compartment.
hahaha Hi, 'diva! Yep, I heard rattling and I thought I had the "loose wing nut on the spare tire" problem. Seems like I had to take apart half the trunk to get to the spare but upon further inspection, I found I had left the wheel lock in the secret compartment and it was flying around in there...
Old 04-05-2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Apr 5 2005, 10:44 PM
hahaha Hi, 'diva! Yep, I heard rattling and I thought I had the "loose wing nut on the spare tire" problem. Seems like I had to take apart half the trunk to get to the spare but upon further inspection, I found I had left the wheel lock in the secret compartment and it was flying around in there...
Ha! I guess we all do that, huh?

Right now...I have the spare tire rolling around. My codriver took it out for the race, and I was too lazy to put it back properly. I usually just leave it in. That's me...Lazy racer. I'll race with groceries in the trunk if they were back there!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by meth,Apr 5 2005, 09:36 PM

also to decrease some reflection i get off it in the rear view mirror. friggin annoys me.

but what is it really. it is like a 3 inch piece of plastice. up or down, how much difference can it make.
for instance, right now i don't know what position it is in my car, and don't really much pay attention. but i do remember light bouncing off it and i put it down somewhere along the road.
it does make a difference, because mine broke and without it, it allows alot of air to seep in to the cockpit, and it becomes more windy than normal, they offer the larger wind screen, helps alot, but gives a chance of the whole thing breaking because of the resistance of it being larger. i already broke mine once, i had the larger deflector so now i just have the stock one.

phong
Old 04-06-2005, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by ReD_DeViL47,Apr 5 2005, 10:46 PM
it does make a difference, because mine broke and without it, it allows alot of air to seep in to the cockpit, and it becomes more windy than normal, they offer the larger wind screen, helps alot, but gives a chance of the whole thing breaking because of the resistance of it being larger. i already broke mine once, i had the larger deflector so now i just have the stock one.

phong
i thought they sell a bigger one because the small one doesn't do sh1t.

excuse me, i have been drinking. it was my friends bday tonite!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by ReD_DeViL47,Apr 5 2005, 10:46 PM
they offer the larger wind screen, helps alot, but gives a chance of the whole thing breaking because of the resistance of it being larger. i already broke mine once, i had the larger deflector so now i just have the stock one.
Hi, Phong, how did it break? From the wind?? Or from some other reason?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Apr 6 2005, 05:47 AM
Hi, Phong, how did it break? From the wind?? Or from some other reason?
i just left it folded down and when i put the top down, it would break it in half.... , when your driveing it makes a little rattle but not really noticable, but only when its really windy tho, and you can tell the difference. i went through like 3 of them, i just got tired of replaceing it thats y i went back to stock. and the whole takeing apart the base frame got messed up, and broke. i mean it was fine but i kept takeing it apart and finally it just broke, there wasnt any resistance anymore, like it would just flop up and down. so i had to get a new one.

and with the larger wind deflector, you have to fold it down while the top is up to get to the secret compartment, and i just forget to fold it back up wheni put the top down thats y i always break them in half.LOL

phong

Quick Reply: Hinged Wind Deflector