California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

high mileage

Old 11-14-2007, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my ap1 with 45,xxx, I knew it didnt come with warranty but it didnt stop me from buying it
Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by s2kisberrynice,Nov 14 2007, 12:44 PM
whats considered high mileage on an s2k? considering buying a used 02 with 90k miles on it for 14gs but was wondering if theres anything i should look out for at 90k miles
I personally would consider that high mileage. Will it be fine? Very likely. But that car was putting on 18k/year on average, which is kinda high. But it's all subjective anyway.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 PM

It IS a Honda, but still not your typical Honda.... It can last a very long time with proper maintenance etc, but it will not go 200k miles neglecting maintenance like a civic or accord may. That being said, s2k owners generally do maintain their cars better than the average civic/accord owner. At 90k, it could still be a sound car if all the fluids were changed on time and properly. You could see 50k mile s2000s in worse shape if not properly maintained than a 90k mile one.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just hit 94k on mine. its still strong as ever
Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Italia,Nov 14 2007, 03:43 PM
It IS a Honda, but still not your typical Honda.... It can last a very long time with proper maintenance etc, but it will not go 200k miles neglecting maintenance like a civic or accord may. That being said, s2k owners generally do maintain their cars better than the average civic/accord owner. At 90k, it could still be a sound car if all the fluids were changed on time and properly. You could see 50k mile s2000s in worse shape if not properly maintained than a 90k mile one.
I dunno.. Back in 03 I wanted to blow my motor, so I could have an excuse to buy a J's crate 2.0. So I didn't change the oil for 15k then every morning I wouldn't warm it up, and I would always rev it past the redline so I can hit the limiter.. Didn't work, obviously if I drained the oil and threw some sand down the cover I could've gotten the results I was looking for.. But a good friend of my uncle who is a racecar mechanic for realtime racing, said that my motor is a blessed one "Its gifted", and I should keep it.. So with the 145k I currently have, and no problems what so ever, I haven't even done a valve adjusment since 72k or replaced anything on the motor yet!! Knock on wood something doesn't happen on the way home later.. I don't recommend anyone doing what I did, results may vary.. Then again I've owned many hondas, and I buy and sell them all day long regardless of mileage. People still buy them..
Old 11-14-2007, 03:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ya....I can't believe you did that to your motor.....luckily honda built it to take beatings like that.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Nov 14 2007, 04:12 PM
ya....I can't believe you did that to your motor.....luckily honda built it to take beatings like that.
Starting next year around march which will be my 7yr anniversary for having my S.. I'm planning on going cross country for the summer and record the mileage per stop.. I want to be the first S2k too hit 200k if it hasn't been done and since I'm going to canada, I want to be the first to hit 500k and possibly a 999,999 for the record books, all with the same motor, and my vicious driving.. Ask anybody here on the forums, I drive my car like a madman everyday, everytime, and I want to hit that mark....
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by dwnshft & xlr8,Nov 14 2007, 04:08 PM
I dunno.. Back in 03 I wanted to blow my motor, so I could have an excuse to buy a J's crate 2.0. So I didn't change the oil for 15k then every morning I wouldn't warm it up, and I would always rev it past the redline so I can hit the limiter.. Didn't work, obviously if I drained the oil and threw some sand down the cover I could've gotten the results I was looking for.. But a good friend of my uncle who is a racecar mechanic for realtime racing, said that my motor is a blessed one "Its gifted", and I should keep it.. So with the 145k I currently have, and no problems what so ever, I haven't even done a valve adjusment since 72k or replaced anything on the motor yet!! Knock on wood something doesn't happen on the way home later.. I don't recommend anyone doing what I did, results may vary.. Then again I've owned many hondas, and I buy and sell them all day long regardless of mileage. People still buy them..
I didnt mean it as it couldnt happen if the car wasnt maintained or was abused, I just meant they are more prone to having probs if they arent maintained or abused. How were you even hitting vtec if you werent warming it up? Were you even not adding oil in that 15k? Most s2ks probably wouldve been empty by then haha.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Italia,Nov 14 2007, 04:22 PM
I didnt mean it as it couldnt happen if the car wasnt maintained or was abused, I just meant they are more prone to having probs if they arent maintained or abused. How were you even hitting vtec if you werent warming it up? Were you even not adding oil in that 15k? Most s2ks probably wouldve been empty by then haha.
Yea no adding oil.. I dont even care for the vtec engagement, remember I was jz trying too blow it... Just pure madness, I didn't care, but now I take care of her....
Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by dwnshft & xlr8,Nov 14 2007, 04:32 PM
Yea no adding oil.. I dont even care for the vtec engagement, remember I was jz trying too blow it... Just pure madness, I didn't care, but now I take care of her....
No I meant you said you were taking it to 9k cold but it wont even rev past 6k cold right?

Quick Reply: high mileage