California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

hey guys im in the car business.....

Old 03-25-2004, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man I forgot the most important one.

ABC
Always be closing

Assume anyone who comes to the dealrship is there to buy a car.
Adn if they dont try to get their info, and call them the next day or even the same evening asking how theri car shopping is going and if there is anythign you can help them with.
Look if they come and look at honda civic, belive me the same day or next they wiill go check the corrolla, focus, sentra too. As much as i know honda customeers are educated, good credit people who like to do theri homework before they buy a car. Respect that, dont insult their intelligence. However also keep in mind if you cant close them on the civic, someone will close them on a focus or corolla that day. The only difference is they were stornger than you. So basically if you close the in the civic, befoere they check out the sentra you are doing htem a favor since civic is so much better.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:30 AM

thanx man! everyday is a learning experience for me. the more up's i get, the more comfortable and confident i get in dealing with costumers.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:34 PM

and let them test drive the car. I went to woodland hills Honda, and they didn't offer to let let test drive the civic... the civic man. it's the bottom of the honda totem pole. and they told me to come back when i made up my mind since i was still looking around... I'm never going back there...
Old 03-26-2004, 03:05 PM

Oh yeah dude testdrive everyone if you can.
Remember the old saying
The Feel of the Wheel
Will Seal the Deal
Old 03-26-2004, 08:09 PM

So how much you people usually make when you sell a car?

For example a s2000?

and who pays you the cash? The profit from the s2000? or honda for selling their vehicle?

-not interested in selling cars lol
but curious =)
Old 03-26-2004, 09:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I worked for Fladeboe Honda for a while and the only 2 cents I can give you is roll play the four squares as much as possible because being on top of your game is the key and if you think your going to lose a sale, don't forget to turn it to another sales rep that will not cut you out of the loop. I hope it works out for you. I'll never go back to selling cars and my reason is, you never know if you'll have a job the following month. At Fladeboe if you sold less then 10 cars a month you would get 1 warning after that your fired.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:57 AM
DAR

And don't BS someone who's in the process of buying a new S by calling them two weeks before the car is to be delivered and tell them "your car was damaged in a train accident" when the truth is you found some sucker to pay more.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:50 AM

Well it depends, in car businnes htere is no such thing as "usually", every dealership, every car, every customer, every month is different. I have seen people make $1300 for a month, and I have seen make $12000 a month. And dont get me wrong these are regular salesman, no managment. No expericen required ( well to make the 12k you might need som kind of experince ). And one more thing, if you are a hardworker, and a money driven person (unfortunatly succesfull people at a comission businnes are mostly money driven) you can make more money than managers on the floor as a basic salesman with no responsibility. Have the most amount of time off, and not deal with problems like getting a deal bought or this and that. To be honest I got promoted two times since I was a salesman and everytime I got promoted, things get harder and harder, work days get longer and longer, responsibilities get heavier and heavier. Of course the pay is better but sometimes I think, does it worth to work 65 hours a week, completly stressed with no gurantee paycheck?
Old 03-27-2004, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by 9k AP-oNE
So how much you people usually make when you sell a car?

For example a s2000?

and who pays you the cash? The profit from the s2000? or honda for selling their vehicle?
-not interested in selling cars lol
but curious =)

A salesman comission can be $50 or $1500 depending the car, that you sell, the percentage you get, and the amount of profit in the car.

And the salesman gets paid from the profit of the car. So If there is no profit, salesman does not get paid.
Sometimes I ask people to put themselves in that poor guys shoes. I mean he waits the whole day on the point for you to arrive works the deal with you for couple hours, shows you the car, explains the paperwork, gets the car washed and gased up and at the end of the day he doesnt get paid nothing. Now is this fair?