California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

HELP! I was hit and run at school!

Old 01-28-2002, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! I was hit and run at school!

Monday, January 28th between 6pm - 830pm in the faculty parking lot in front of the CLA building (by post C1) at Cal Poly Pomona my 5 DAY OLD black S2000 was hit and run on the driver side. I parked in the last space away from the library about 3 rows back from the CLA building. When I came out my door was entirely crushed. I don't mean dinged or dented, I mean it is in a good 6-10" and creases span the entire door in all directions. There is white paint in the center of the door from the person's bumper. No note, no known witnesses.

If you have any info please let me know or if you see a white car with a big piece of paint missing from the edge of their bumper, please get their plate # and let me know. I'm going to measure the height of the damage tonight and post pics later.

I didn't even get to tell my insurance company that I had bought the car (they said I had 7 days, it had only been 5).
Old 01-28-2002, 10:11 PM

i feel for you man, i got into a fender bender today too. some stupid idiot hit me while i was at a red light. but the good thing is he was not driving, the car just started to roll forward because he let off on the brakes a little. lucky my everything was ok, and nothing was wrong with my bumper cept a few scratches. even still i am still pissed it happened to my baby, now i am paranoid to even drive out now...
Old 01-28-2002, 10:18 PM

well, my damage is a bit worse. hard to get pics at night in my garage. Here are some, but damage is actually WORSE than shown in pictures.

Old 01-28-2002, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you find out who did this and teach a real good lesson. I don't know what I would do to the person if I was in your shoes, but a real good ass kicking is in order!
Old 01-29-2002, 12:37 AM

dam, that is a lot worse than mine what are you going to do now?
Old 01-29-2002, 06:40 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

If it was me that got hit, I would go back next Monday, cut class and walk the lot looking for the car that did it. Take no prisoners!
Old 01-29-2002, 10:06 AM

school sux and this make it even worse. i feel your pain man

me and my wife both graduated from cal poly 10 yrs ago... never like the parking lot there too many trees and the space r too tide...by the way ,where is CLA building ? when i went to that school never got a chance to park my car closes to any building .. always take the train .

most insurance company will cover a new car up to a month if you have full coverage.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:25 AM

CLA = building next to the pointy building.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:52 AM

Man that is rough - I can only imagine how your gut nearly dropped straight out of your ass when you first saw the damage.

I thought it was awful when my car got buried in snow the day after I bought it, I had to abandon it and hand the keys to a friend I had actually been fighting with as I had to travel to Philadelphia that night. Although we were pissed with each other he was the only guy I trusted to be able to drive the car - the next day, despite everything he went back and dug the car out from under 4 ft of snow and drove it home for me - now that's friend, I guy who helps you out even if he wants to kill you.

Fortunately snow melts away and salt can be washed off, I'm sorry that your car won't recover that easily, I never cease to be amazed at the amoount of people in the world that refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

Joel
Old 01-29-2002, 11:01 AM

Man that is rough - I can only imagine how your gut nearly dropped straight out of your ass when you first saw the damage.

I thought it was awful when my car got buried in snow the day after I bought it, I had to abandon it and hand the keys to a friend I had actually been fighting with as I had to travel to Philadelphia that night. Although we were pissed with each other he was the only guy I trusted to be able to drive the car - the next day, despite everything he went back and dug the car out from under 4 ft of snow and drove it home for me - now that's friend, I guy who helps you out even if he wants to kill you.

Fortunately snow melts away and salt can be washed off, I'm sorry that your car won't recover that easily, I never cease to be amazed at the amoount of people in the world that refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

Joel

Quick Reply: HELP! I was hit and run at school!