California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Help! fotos taken for running red light

Old 09-20-2005, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! fotos taken for running red light

Hi, everyone.

I was driving my S2k with my friend sitting next to me last sunday night right after a movie. We were looking around for restaurant while i was driving in pasadena. I must've been too tired (and paid too much attention to restaurant and the street was really dark) that i didn't realize there was traffic light in front of me. Then I ran across the intersection slowly when the light was still on red . Until I saw bright light just lighted up front and back, then I realized I was being taken fotos for running the red light.

I know I will receive a ticket for this stupid incident very soon . However, I want to know if it will affect my driving record badly. I received a ticket for no front plate in LA downtown about a month ago but it was correctable. However, I don't have front plate again and being taken fotos for running red light.

Any comments is helpful. Thanks for reading it.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:12 PM

No idea how badly it will effect your driving record, but I have this idea to combat those lights. Install a flash of your own with a slave so when they take a photo, your flash goes off instantly hitting your license plate and overexposing it to the point where it can't be read.

I am in the final design stages of this for my car.

jk.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:14 PM

No front plate is not a moving violation last I checked. Just pay the fine and be over with it. In terms of running the light, you may be eligible for traffic school... in which case means no points on your record.

I hope you smiled for the camera. Good luck!
Old 09-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Interection tickers are worst then speeding tickets.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:20 PM

I ran a red at an intersection with cameras one time. They sent me a piece of paper with like 3 different pictures, but it was just a warning. The paper said it was a 30-day warning and that if I run it again within 30 days that I would get a ticket... I got LUCKY!

I have the warning in my secret compartment, but I'm working (or... at least at work) and it says how much the fine would have been had I gotten a ticket. I'll let you know what the fine is when I get home.

p.s. - I don't have my front plate either, but the warning didn't mention anything about it. Pictures were taken from both front and back, but they only included pictures from the rear.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Former Sponsor

I Believe the fine is around $250...Also some cameras don't take pictures of the rear license plate, only the front. If thats the case...then having a no front plate actually saved you from a ticket. But if you do indeed get a ticket just take traffic school and it won't be on your record or increase your insurance.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:50 PM

a friend just got one by the airport, 380 bucks, but he had the option for traffic school. so no points if you go....good luck with this, with any luck your plate didn't come out clear..and your home free...
Old 09-21-2005, 12:14 AM

I got one myelf it's like $380 big ones. it video too so no need to fight it. just pay and go one with life.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:44 AM

couple of my friends got ticket like this and it was pretty big fine plus pictures send to you from front, rear, and inside. you can fight for it saying it's not you but.. what is the chance??

it's just like anyother traffic vialoting ticket which you have to go traffic school for as well.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:35 AM

Alright, I checked my warning and it said a red light violation carries a state-mandated fine of $361.

Quick Reply: Help! fotos taken for running red light