California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

HELP: Exhaust, front plate, failure to signal ticket

Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke Togo
lol @ king of tickets - no

fight the ticket end of story - you can bring in a picture of the correct front plate and make arguments that you actually are allowed to modify the exhaust as long as it remains under 96db or whatever it is but I don't want you to win a battle win the war and fight the mother f@#ker seriously you have nothing to lose and there are some ways online about doing it effectively including having the trial moved to your local jurisdiction.

if the above poster is the king of tickets it must be for paying them I'm the king of getting them dismissed.

By the way the judge will always lower the fine if you appear in person. Or your court is the devil mine would charge 1/3 or less with correction.
Hmmm, i gave all correct information to the guy and you thought of being a smart ass and telling him to fight a ticket somehow makes me wrong?

I told him what the law was, not how to fight it.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Duke Togo
you can trial by declaration meaning you never have to go to court you can even submit evidence like a corrected exhaust - the fine will be modified as it would be in court and you can pay online or over the phone if the cop even shows up and it doesnt get dismissed - or you fight it and get off. There is no reason why fighting a ticket would cost you the ability to take traffic school for your one mover.
Lol, For you to even fight the ticket you have to agree to give up traffic school rights.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Put the stock exhaust on it, call the state referee in your area and make an appointment. They will pass it and give you paperwork for the court. Non correctable tickets can not be signed off by an officer and require you to take your car the a state referee.

Put the plate on, any cop can sign it off for the court.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:12 PM

Fix the exhaust and get them both signed off even though the exhaust ticket isn't correctable.
See the judge and explain that you have fixed both the front plate and exhaust and ask if he would please change the exhaust ticket to correctable and pay $25 for each correctable violationg which saves you $$$$

If the cops refuse to sign off on the exhaust explain to them what your plan is
Old 04-18-2011, 08:46 PM

lol @ so many wrong info in this thread

Originally Posted by datdude1119
Fix the exhaust and get them both signed off even though the exhaust ticket isn't correctable.
See the judge and explain that you have fixed both the front plate and exhaust and ask if he would please change the exhaust ticket to correctable and pay $25 for each correctable violationg which saves you $$

this is right, go to CHP if not go to sheriff.
they will sign off the CORRECTABLE exhaust ticket.

or pay $400 and call it a day. no more headache
Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This, do the footwork, show your face to a judge, they will work with you.

Originally Posted by datdude1119
See the judge and explain that you have fixed both the front plate and exhaust and ask if he would please change the exhaust ticket to correctable and pay $25 for each correctable violationg which saves you $$$$

Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ws2006
1. You need to fix your exhuast and Plates! They wont pass the ticket if you dont

2.Lol, i just got off the phone with Glendale for my ticket,

You do not have to pay now. You pay when you see the Judge.

3.You can NOT pay the ticket in a different court. I had to drive my ass to malibu once to pay a ticket lol

Agree ^ see if judge can lower fine or worst case theyll give you "X" amount of months to pay it off. Just make sure you dont miss a payment because thats what there hoping for so they can make u pay a higher fine for missing you agreed payment
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sideways
Put the stock exhaust on it, call the state referee in your area and make an appointment. They will pass it and give you paperwork for the court. Non correctable tickets can not be signed off by an officer and require you to take your car the a state referee.

After getting someone to sign off on a ticket, do you still have to appear in court? I thought you could call or mail in the amount. I just got a no plate ticket and there is no payment/bail information on there.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by s2k_9000rpm
Originally Posted by Sideways' timestamp='1303174189' post='20480709

After getting someone to sign off on a ticket, do you still have to appear in court? I thought you could call or mail in the amount. I just got a no plate ticket and there is no payment/bail information on there.
Go to the courthouse and pay the clerk or drop it off in the dropbox with the paperwork fee.. I think it's $25.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Non correctable may be a mandatory appearance with no bail. Mine was, the judge changed it to correctable with the referee paperwork proving it is acceptable. Wear a suit, be polite, ask the judge to make it correctable. Cost me $50 processing fee for the court.

Quick Reply: HELP: Exhaust, front plate, failure to signal ticket