California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

HELP: Exhaust, front plate, failure to signal ticket

Old 04-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Exhaust, front plate, failure to signal ticket

For those of you with lots of ticket experience, please help:

1. I got a exhaust (incorrectable), front plate (correctable), and a failure to signal ticket. My bail amount is: $416. If I show up to the courthouse with $416, do I need to get anything fixed?

I put my front plate on, and tried to get the CHP to sign it off, but they wouldn't sign it off since I didn't fix my exhaust. I didn't fix my exhaust because it says "incorrectable." I know I can probably put the stock exhaust on, get it signed off, then just show the judge that I fixed it, and he/she can probably make it a correctable/fix-it ticket... but kinda lame to make it incorrectable, make you pay a fine, then make you fix it still..

2. I have a traffic ticket. I extended the original due date from 02/19 to 4/19, which is tomorrow. Today, I set a court date for 07/11, do I have to pay the bail amount by tomorrow or by 07/11?

3. Can I pay the bail amount/ticket at a different courthouse other than what is listed in the ticket?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:35 PM

1. You need to fix your exhuast and Plates! They wont pass the ticket if you dont

2.Lol, i just got off the phone with Glendale for my ticket,

You do not have to pay now. You pay when you see the Judge.

3.You can NOT pay the ticket in a different court. I had to drive my ass to malibu once to pay a ticket lol
Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ws2006
1. You need to fix your exhuast and Plates! They wont pass the ticket if you dont

2.Lol, i just got off the phone with Glendale for my ticket,

You do not have to pay now. You pay when you see the Judge.

3.You can NOT pay the ticket in a different court. I had to drive my ass to malibu once to pay a ticket lol
Thanks! Can anyone else confirm?

Also, regarding "1. You need to fix your exhuast and Plates! They wont pass the ticket if you dont" ..what if I just pay the $416, and don't bother getting anything fixed?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Trust me i am the king of tickets. No one else needs to confirm lol.

You gota pay and fix it.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:17 PM

what exactly is the infraction for the exhaust? from my experience you can't just pay the fine and forget about it, you have to show that you corrected the infractions.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually, the bail amount is if you do not fix the ticket. In other words, if it is a correctable violation, you can choose to fix the problem and have the ticket dismissed (still have to pay an administrative fee), or you can choose to just pay the bail amount. In your case, since the exhaust is marked as an un-corractable violation, you have no choice but to pay the ticket (i.e. it doesn't matter if you fix your exhaust or not). However, a judge might change the violation to a correctable one and allow you to have it dismissed after getting the ticket signed off.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by irv_usc
what exactly is the infraction for the exhaust? from my experience you can't just pay the fine and forget about it, you have to show that you corrected the infractions.
Modified exhaust: 27150 or something like that.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vtecaddict
Actually, the bail amount is if you do not fix the ticket. In other words, if it is a correctable violation, you can choose to fix the problem and have the ticket dismissed (still have to pay an administrative fee), or you can choose to just pay the bail amount. In your case, since the exhaust is marked as an un-corractable violation, you have no choice but to pay the ticket (i.e. it doesn't matter if you fix your exhaust or not). However, a judge might change the violation to a correctable one and allow you to have it dismissed after getting the ticket signed off.
That was my understanding. Since my front plate is correctable, I can fix it, but in order for them to sign it off, I would need to get the exhaust fixed before they will sign it off. In this case, I either fix all of it, and don't fix any of it.

If I fix the plate, and exhaust, how much is the bail gonna drop? ..from $416 to what?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Duke Togo
lol @ king of tickets - no

fight the ticket end of story - you can bring in a picture of the correct front plate and make arguments that you actually are allowed to modify the exhaust as long as it remains under 96db or whatever it is but I don't want you to win a battle win the war and fight the mother f@#ker seriously you have nothing to lose and there are some ways online about doing it effectively including having the trial moved to your local jurisdiction.

if the above poster is the king of tickets it must be for paying them I'm the king of getting them dismissed.

By the way the judge will always lower the fine if you appear in person. Or your court is the devil mine would charge 1/3 or less with correction.
I can get the exhaust tested for sound level, but I need to remove my header and HFC first.. Lol.

FYI, I have the T1R 70R-EM which is pretty quiet.. sorta. I believe the max limit is 95db.

If I fight, and lose, can I still do traffic school? It was my understanding that I cannot do traffic school if I fight it, and lose.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Duke Togo
lol @ king of tickets - no

fight the ticket end of story - you can bring in a picture of the correct front plate and make arguments that you actually are allowed to modify the exhaust as long as it remains under 96db or whatever it is but I don't want you to win a battle win the war and fight the mother f@#ker seriously you have nothing to lose and there are some ways online about doing it effectively including having the trial moved to your local jurisdiction.

if the above poster is the king of tickets it must be for paying them I'm the king of getting them dismissed.

By the way the judge will always lower the fine if you appear in person. Or your court is the devil mine would charge 1/3 or less with correction.
Also, was the king of tickets correct when he said I can pay at the trial/court date and I don't have to pay it now?

Quick Reply: HELP: Exhaust, front plate, failure to signal ticket