California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

health care overharul

Old 09-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Gatsbee13

somebody actually got up and yelled "LIE" during his speech..
Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Least they didn't shoot him in the back of the head while he was on personal time.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Gatsbee13

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Sep 9 2009, 07:54 PM
Least they didn't shoot him in the back of the head while he was on personal time.
is that a Lincoln assasination analogy?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Gatsbee13

ahh my mind just wanders sometimes.. anyways, to governement-run healthcare.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13,Sep 9 2009, 08:59 PM
is that a Lincoln assasination analogy?
correct.

Want my solution????

Make health-care a write-off for taxes.

Then put a stop to lawyers suing doctors for doing their best to help people. Put an end to all the B.S. that everyone agrees on. We all know its wrong that these days a person has an emergency on the street and no doctor in his right mind feels comfortable helping the person due to law suits.

Do those two things and we'd have a more affordable system. Want to save a few billion more dollars? STOP ILLEGALS FROM USING OUR HEALTHCARE!!!! It is THEFT, they are STEALING it.

-Greg
Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting commentary
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5HhbAWYjbg [/media]
Old 09-09-2009, 08:30 PM

Indeed.

Still the problems then and now have changed to a degree but not completely of course. The things I listed would make an INCREDIBLE change in the system we have now that works well, and needs only to be improved.

I'd like to demand that in order to get gov't healthcare if one can't afford it you MUST be holding down a job. This means not just the 1 week you want to get a medical issue taken care of but you must instead actually be a contributor no matter what it may be. Even then your only eligable, and coverage is minimum but enough to get by.

I do not support rewarding useless lazy people that seem to be a growing population.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:52 AM

but this is the problem.. esp right now, it is very hard for people to find work. if they dont have a job, its going to be hard for them to afford to pay for health insurance in the first place.. then what happeneds when themselves or their family is in need of care? they either go to an E room.. rack up a huge bill they cant pay off and create more debt for themselves.. or simply do not go and get worse or die.

the part i really liked is where he said they would turn health care into a market place where people would actually be able to shop for affordable rates... just like car insurance. this would not only make insurance companies keep cost low but also would create jobs. right now the health care system is like a legal monopoly. there is really no competition for the companies and they keep prices very high. if more people were able to keep health insurance, insurance co's would be able to easily lower prices.

about the whole insuring illegals...there are ways to make sure that they dont insure illegals. i dont think he wants to insure them either.. what would be the reason for that? when u are at the doctors surrounded by illegals seeking medical attention, then you have the right to call obama a liar.. until then i think he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

he is someone who isnt afraid to stand up to people attempting to bash him.. i think this is the kind of leader we need at this time. he is addressing problems that need to be solved right now.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13,Sep 9 2009, 07:44 PM
somebody actually got up and yelled "LIE" during his speech..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/09/j...r_n_281541.html

I'm honestly not surprised by the behavior of what I saw from the Republicans last night. As I've said before it's all just projection of their true feelings about the election that ended nearly 10 months ago. That mixed with the need to make Obama look horrible in everything he does so they can feel better about the previous administration.

My favorite quote from the article comes Rep. John Dingell:
""Well, you've got to understand: They're Republicans. They're just doing what comes natural"
Old 09-10-2009, 08:54 AM

^^ there was a republican holding a freaking sign up with "what bill?" written on it? the boo'ing and all the other childish stuff they were doing was ridiculous. this isnt a dodger game..

Quick Reply: health care overharul