California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Has anyone here transferred from CC

Old 10-14-2008, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't bRuin your life!!!!!!!!!!!! jk good luck
Old 10-14-2008, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you're planning on going to grad school (100% sure), go to cal state. from what i've heard, they prepare you for the working field. and honestly, undergrad teaches you $hit. get the most you can from undergrad, wherever that may be, and build up your resume and what not. just make sure you can back up some stuff by getting awesome grades. then you can go to a great grad school. this is coming from someone who came from one of the uc's (no, not riverside. )
Old 10-14-2008, 10:18 PM

Um I'm sure your CC has some type of honors program as well right, get into that that usually looks really good also some schools have programs set up with UCs like my school has a program with UCLA and I thinik something like 90% of people that were in the honors program wishing to goto UCLA and met all the requirements were accepted.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 AM

yeah most cc have a program to help you get into a uc, SMC has a program that helps you get into ucla lol
but i would recommend going to a calstate, im planning on transferring to csulb
Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Gatsbee13

i was considering usc, but i dont want to be stuck in major debt afterward.. + i dont have rich parents. i heard UCI offers alot of grants and is pretty affordable. im leaning more toward uci for business administration.. and just in case i dont get accepted, im taking some csu required courses.. but lets just hope i do.. anyone know if there is some kind of network for business majors at uci?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by ae86pwr' date='Sep 11 2008, 08:52 AM
http://www.econ.ucla.edu/undergraduate/majors.html

There's Business Economics if you meet certain GPA requirement (3.3 overall and 3.5 on ECON)

Economics B.A.
Business Economics B.A.
Economics/International Area Studies B.A.
Mathematics/Economics B.S.

Good idea to throw in the Accounting Minor and Computer specialization while you are at it.

Good old days ....
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsbee13' date='Jan 29 2009, 10:11 PM
i was considering usc, but i dont want to be stuck in major debt afterward.. + i dont have rich parents. i heard UCI offers alot of grants and is pretty affordable. im leaning more toward uci for business administration.. and just in case i dont get accepted, im taking some csu required courses.. but lets just hope i do.. anyone know if there is some kind of network for business majors at uci?
^You and I have pretty much the same college path and goals haha. Which CC are you at? Sorry if you said it already and I missed it lol
Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Gatsbee13

^ los angeles pierce college.. business admin, i believe, teaches you more of what is needed in the real business world.. just in case i dont want to pursue an mba, ill have some knowledge of business practices with the business admin degree. business economics is basically econ.. i think alot of people that dont know about this major assume its a typical business major just because it has business in the title, but its really not.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:34 PM

lol. most people here don't know what they're talking about -- no offense you guys.

I'm an RA right now in Saxon Suites at UCLA. Roughly 2/3rds of my residents are transfer students from CCs and some even CSUs. From what I hear, most of their GPAs are 3.5+. Some of them study harder than I do, and I've been here all four years.

Business Economics is better than regular economics, but in the end it really doesn't make a difference. As with most econ majors, you should try to get a job and network before you even graduate. One of my good friends was a business economics major up until last quarter. He already arranged a job after he graduates, so he just decided to take two less classes and graduate as econ.

Business economics is also kind of hard to get in and to stay in. It's not competitive, but the requirements are kind of strict.

PM me if you have any questions. =)
Old 01-29-2009, 09:36 PM

Oh, btw, his job is finance, even though he's an econ major.

Quick Reply: Has anyone here transferred from CC