California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Got a Seatbelt TICKET on SUNSET on a Friday night.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a Seatbelt TICKET on SUNSET on a Friday night.

Ok, i agree.. it was my fault... but on a Friday night, we made the WRONG turn onto Sunset and to our delight, we came across a SEA of POLICE on the street, ticketing anybody for anything...

Our car was a Benz and my friend was driving. we had 3 white girls and 3 azn guys in it (myself including). So a total of 6 ppl in one benz. LoL.

My friend made an illegal left turn because he couldn't see the sign that said no U turn due to the blinding lights everywhere.

The moment we made the left turn, cops were on us like gold digger woman seeing a rich guy.

The cop looks into the window and just stares. Either it's cause we were crammed in there like sardines, or he just couldn't believe 3 azn guys were with 3 lovely ladies.

Anywho, i'm just wondering if the ticket is considered non-moving violation.... essentailly, doesnt' it count a point towards my driving record if i pay it off or.?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by WayneTeK,Oct 17 2005, 04:05 PM
we had 3 white girls and 3 azn guys in it
Originally Posted by WayneTeK,Oct 17 2005, 04:05 PM
or he just couldn't believe 3 azn guys were with 3 lovely ladies.

I'm not offended by your post... but I'm kinda wondering why you had to bring race into it...
Old 10-17-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't be a point on you record, as it's not a moving violation. It's just a pain to get pulled over and have to pay.

I've had two seatbelt tickets. It's unamerican to ticket people for something so trivial, when it has NO impact on anyone else. Both of mine were within a mile of my home on 25mph streets. Not like I was freeway cruising.

Police departments are becoming nothing but glorified tax collectors.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by OCMusicJunkie,Oct 17 2005, 04:10 PM
I've had two seatbelt tickets. It's unamerican to ticket people for something so trivial, when it has NO impact on anyone else.
I'm going to start off this post with a so you don't get all mad at me -->

Wow... this is a pretty ignorant statement. You think if YOU die in a car crash, it doesn't affect ANYONE else? Who's going to clean up your body? Who's going to file the report? Who's going to direct the traffic around your corpse? Oh, and who's going to be sitting in their cars while the CHP conducts an investigation, which they do after every fatal crash? Good Lord. You REALLY think if YOU die in a car crash, it only affects you?

I have very little sympathy for those who are injured in a car crash when they deliberately CHOSE not to use something specifically placed there for their safety. I think it's ridiculous that we have to mandate people wear helmets on motorcycles, and seatbelts in cars.

It seems sometimes that convenience and image have become more worthwhile goals than self preservation.

I will now end this post with a so you don't get all mad at me -->
Old 10-17-2005, 04:25 PM

I noticed something the other day, which is that when I sit in the front seat, I always wear a seatbelt, and when I sit in the back seat, I rarely even think about it.

I feel stupid.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Oct 17 2005, 04:20 PM
I'm going to start off this post with a so you don't get all mad at me -->

Wow... this is a pretty ignorant statement. You think if YOU die in a car crash, it doesn't affect ANYONE else? Who's going to clean up your body? Who's going to file the report? Who's going to direct the traffic around your corpse? Oh, and who's going to be sitting in their cars while the CHP conducts an investigation, which they do after every fatal crash? Good Lord. You REALLY think if YOU die in a car crash, it only affects you?

I have very little sympathy for those who are injured in a car crash when they deliberately CHOSE not to use something specifically placed there for their safety. I think it's ridiculous that we have to mandate people wear helmets on motorcycles, and seatbelts in cars.

It seems sometimes that convenience and image have become more worthwhile goals than self preservation.

I will now end this post with a so you don't get all mad at me -->
Old 10-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

You must be very young. EVERYONE knows to avoid Hollywood and Sunset if you're breaking the law.

6 people in a benz. Of course they know you're not wearing a belt. Is there even 6 seatbelts in the car?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:34 PM

Cruising Sunset on a weekend is just asking for trouble anyway. I did that a few months ago and I probably will never do it again. Talk about paranoid. I wasn't even doing anything wrong and I was still worried about the cops that I saw on EVERY block. Its just too crazy. Avoid it like the plague if possible.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WayneTeK,Oct 17 2005, 05:05 PM
Our car was a Benz and my friend was driving. we had 3 white girls and 3 azn guys in it (myself including). So a total of 6 ppl in one benz. LoL.
how do i get white girls?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:57 PM

I cruised it for fun when I had a Carrera GT, got the most hilarious looks on everyone's face that saw my friend and I. Keep in mind, I'm Japanese and 23 years old (quite a few think I look 18 still) and that brought even more attention on us... Driving by the comedy store was pure gold, I don't think I could have got more attention if I had ran down the street naked shouting random things.

I hate the street and try to avoid it at all costs, but when you have something like that, you have to try it out at least once.

we had 3 white girls and 3 azn guys in it (myself including).
I hate bringing race into this conversation, but since you said something, I'll give you my response. You my friend, are considered a HERO (or Champion) in my book. Don't ask, and if you have to, PM me.

-glenn

Quick Reply: Got a Seatbelt TICKET on SUNSET on a Friday night.