California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Got Screwed by Goodyear in Duarte!..

Old 06-27-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Screwed by Goodyear in Duarte!..

Well today I went down to my friend's shop in Monrovia and picked up some tires. We took them down to Goodyear to get them mounted. We talked to this guy named Jeff and he said he'll take care of it. So I left my car there and went to pick up some parts with my friend. I came back to pick it up and he charged my $15 ( I guess it was some kind of hook up deal). So I gave him a $20, $5 tip. When I go out to look at my car my front lip was trashed! I stood outside with my friend for like 3 minutes just looking at it. Then my friend goes inside and tells him that the car was not like that when we brought it in. The guy says,"we didn't move the car since it was lowered, we just jacked it up from the rear". I told them somebody has to pay for this. Then he said that the manager will be there tomorrow, so we should talk to him. So I left, pissed of course, but I realized I didn't get a receipt. So I went back asked for one and Jeff told me, "I can't give you a receipt because it was a special cash deal." (I am sure they are not supposed to be doing cash deals, they probably just pocket the money) I just told him I need something to show that I was here today. He said he couldn't give me anything. So I took their business cards, went oustide and took pics with my camera phone, which records the date, and took pictures of my lip, their business cards and the Goodyear shop. My friend is going to go over there tomorrow to talk to the guy. And if he doesn't give me anything we will call their corporate headquaters. What should I do? I really need help on this one! Any advice would help. THanks!!

Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

That totally sucks, big time. My condolences. It seems like your on the right track. I hope it all works out for you. I know not to go there for tires.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:00 PM

Are you 100% sure they were the ones that did it? Who knows if like when you were driving there it happened???

I guess more of a lesson for people trying to hook up friends... The mechanic thought he was doing a friend a favor.. but i bet the poor guy is going to lose his job over this incident....
Old 06-27-2006, 08:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ricepatrol78,Jun 27 2006, 09:00 PM
Are you 100% sure they were the ones that did it? Who knows if like when you were driving there it happened???
I agree, if you are absolutely sure it happened there, then you should go in and see the manager ASAP. Stay calm and explain what happened. If he talks to you and tries to work it out, then good. If he gets defensive and denies liability, get his corporate office phone numberand the insurance carrier for their store.

File claims immediately with their corp office and insurance carrier.

Oh, and the guys who were doing a favor, unfortunately, they are probably screwed if they pocketed the money during work hours.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:17 PM

is this the one behind the mall?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:17 PM

I am 1,000,000% positive that it happened there. I cover my car every night, so I see my front lip all the time, and drive with extreme caution all the time. I would have noticed if I cracked it driving today. Plus, the marks were fresh and there were chips of my CF on the ground. I know it was a hook up, even though I didn't ask for one. But either way, I think they should be careful about the work they do.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:18 PM

Is it the one behind the mall?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by bs2k,Jun 27 2006, 08:18 PM
i don't remember... but there is a target in the same plaza.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:27 PM

well if its the one behind the mall i can help u out. I know everyone and ther mothers over there haha. Ill call up the manager and ask him. Ill try and get u some info.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bs2k,Jun 27 2006, 08:18 PM
That one used to be called "Just Tires" if you mean the Santa Anita mall, don't know if it has changed ownership.

i don't remember... but there is a target in the same plaza.
If it's on Huntington drive, that is actually the city of Duarte.

Quick Reply: Got Screwed by Goodyear in Duarte!..