California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Got an overnight parking ticket in Walnut...

Old 06-23-2010, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Got an overnight parking ticket in Walnut...

So the day before my last final, I went over to a friend's house in Walnut to finish our final project, along with 3 others. We worked from 9pm to 5am (with a lot of fooling around), and finally we were done and the 4 of us came out to our cars and we all got a parking ticket for parking between 2-4am. Oh well we broke the law without knowing so be it, at least we got the project done.

I slightly wrecked my car a week ago at buttonwillow and the whole right side is heavily dented, rear bumper is done, and the front bumper is severely scratched and dented, not to mention ripped up....and guess what I got, a NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE ticket

This is how the bumper looked at the time the ticket was issued, the tape was used to barely hold it up since it was severely cracked, I didn't have duct tape

That cop either has no brain or has no soul
Old 06-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean man.. I went to downtown LA once to get my VISA for business. It says no parking from 6AM to 11AM street cleaning. I got there at 10:55 thinking the cleaner is not going be here in 5 min. I was correct, but the COPS came in 5 min and gave me a 50 dollar ticket. When I saw the time it was 10:58. OMG cut me some slack. Guess from country to state to county to city is all broke. Where did our taxes go to?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:39 AM

I just got a ticket this morning too. 50 in a 40..WTF!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by horse110,Jun 23 2010, 11:27 AM
So the day before my last final, I went over to a friend's house in Walnut to finish our final project, along with 3 others. We worked from 9pm to 5am (with a lot of fooling around), and finally we were done and the 4 of us came out to our cars and we all got a parking ticket for parking between 2-4am. Oh well we broke the law without knowing so be it, at least we got the project done.

I slightly wrecked my car a week ago at buttonwillow and the whole right side is heavily dented, rear bumper is done, and the front bumper is severely scratched and dented, not to mention ripped up....and guess what I got, a NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE ticket

This is how the bumper looked at the time the ticket was issued, the tape was used to barely hold it up since it was severely cracked, I didn't have duct tape

Usually its the parking authority that hands out these tickets and not the cops. And yes the parking authority has no soul hah, ever watched the show "Parking Wars" on AE?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by horse110,Jun 23 2010, 10:27 AM

so, you were hoping for some slack because your car is dented?
if anything, out there in walnut, they'd be more likely to ticket you because they don't want any junky looking cars parked on their streets. i'm not saying your car is junky but the guy probably saw the dents and scratches and tape and said, i need to give this guy a ticket so we can tow it asap.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you tell me about the "fooling around" part?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by humara,Jun 23 2010, 11:55 AM
so, you were hoping for some slack because your car is dented?
if anything, out there in walnut, they'd be more likely to ticket you because they don't want any junky looking cars parked on their streets. i'm not saying your car is junky but the guy probably saw the dents and scratches and tape and said, i need to give this guy a ticket so we can tow it asap.
I agree.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:28 PM

You're lucky they didn't give you a no front license plate ticket. I got 1 of these years ago.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^That's the whole point of the thread, I did get a no front plate ticket.

I don't mind paying the parking ticket because it is my fault for not knowing the laws here. But I think it's obvious when anyone sees this car would know it's been in an accident and couldn't mount a front plate anymore.

Quick Reply: Got an overnight parking ticket in Walnut...