California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Got my 1st speeding ticket in the S

Old 02-25-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my 1st speeding ticket in the S

Coming home from the clubs, heading south on the 55 at 85 mph around 4am. i see the headlights in the rear view mirror and im like, F@CK...IM SOL. been drinking quite a bit but wasnt swerving or anything. passed the sobriety check and just made out with a speeding ticket. just glad i didnt get a DUI.

we all know drinking and driving is a bad thing, but how many times have you been in this situation? now that ive come out relatively unscathed, what is the best way to fight the ticket? i know www.ticketassasin.com is pretty good, anyone else able to beat a speeding ticket even when you were clocked?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:30 AM

u know im in a worse situation than you wiht a BS speed contest ticket, they said 1 night in jail, 40 hour community service, misdeanor on record and 3 month suspension...im beating all of it depends how much money you want to spend on an attorney

-mike kim
Old 02-25-2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by khuezee,Feb 25 2006, 10:23 AM
Coming home from the clubs, heading south on the 55 at 85 mph around 4am. i see the headlights in the rear view mirror and im like, F@CK...IM SOL. been drinking quite a bit but wasnt swerving or anything. passed the sobriety check and just made out with a speeding ticket. just glad i didnt get a DUI.

we all know drinking and driving is a bad thing, but how many times have you been in this situation? now that ive come out relatively unscathed, what is the best way to fight the ticket? i know www.ticketassasin.com is pretty good, anyone else able to beat a speeding ticket even when you were clocked?
You're lucky you didn't get a DUI and now you want to fight a ticket you admit guilt to????

Take responsibility for your actions and take it like a man. Pay the ticket and go to traffic school. I have.......a few times.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:36 AM

Just be thankful you didn't get a DUI and go to traffic school for the speeding ticket.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,291 Likes on 996 Posts

http://trafficschooltogo.com
Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 AM

I don't know why, but knock on wood, still no ticket to date in the S!!!!!!!!!

However, I am WAY overdue.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:45 AM

I tried to post this on Sunday but the board was down...so here goes...

You're a dumbass. Drinking and driving? That's so frickin' 1982! Grow up and stop whining about your ticket. Your ass deserves to be in jail, or at least have a DUI on your record. I hope you learned a lesson and don't do it again!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by webdiva,Feb 27 2006, 09:45 AM

I tried to post this on Sunday but the board was down...so here goes...

You're a dumbass. Drinking and driving? That's so frickin' 1982! Grow up and stop whining about your ticket. Your ass deserves to be in jail, or at least have a DUI on your record. I hope you learned a lesson and don't do it again!
i knew i would get pretty reamed for posting this thread but thanks for the advice everyone.

in my own personal defense (not trying to justify it or claiming innocence). ive been clubbing every weekend for the last 3 years, so its just a matter of time (statistically) that i wouldve gotten pulled over. i know my limit when it comes to drinking and im always familiar with the driving route on the way home. these actions arent new to me. like i said, i was going fast and who doesnt drive about 80 mph+ on the freeway, especially at 3am. i know when to drive and i know when not to. my only regret is getting caught driving fast. im still gonna fight it, just cause i feel like it. worst comes to worse, ill just do traffic school. i guess its the whole idea of having to caugh up $$$ just so that the city of Irvine and California to have more revenue for wasteful spending that pisses me off.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by khuezee,Feb 27 2006, 10:39 AM
i knew i would get pretty reamed for posting this thread but thanks for the advice everyone.

in my own personal defense (not trying to justify it or claiming innocence). ive been clubbing every weekend for the last 3 years, so its just a matter of time (statistically) that i wouldve gotten pulled over. i know my limit when it comes to drinking and im always familiar with the driving route on the way home. these actions arent new to me. like i said, i was going fast and who doesnt drive about 80 mph+ on the freeway, especially at 3am. i know when to drive and i know when not to. my only regret is getting caught driving fast. im still gonna fight it, just cause i feel like it. worst comes to worse, ill just do traffic school. i guess its the whole idea of having to caugh up $$$ just so that the city of Irvine and California to have more revenue for wasteful spending that pisses me off.
Oh...okay...that makes sense! You've been drinking and driving for three years, endangering people along the same route for a long time? That makes it ALL better!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,291 Likes on 996 Posts

I agree. Plus, You can't go to court, plead not guilty, and still do traffic school. Plus, when you get to court, the cop is going to bring up that you'd been drinking. You're an idiot if you go to court.

Quick Reply: Got my 1st speeding ticket in the S