California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners
View Poll Results: Do you believe we are having global warming and did man create it?
Yes
53.16%
No
46.84%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Global Warming

Old 04-04-2008, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eat More Leftovers to Avert Global WarmingEat more leftovers

Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ragamuffin,Apr 4 2008, 01:17 PM] Eat More Leftovers to Avert Global WarmingEat more leftovers

Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

have to agree there with the "weather channel creator". sorry. I too think its a scare tactic. The guy got straight to the point and supported his arguments.

I think of how people talk about deforestation in N. America.
Yet there are more trees in N. America then there were when the settlers first arrived?

I think EXACTLY what he said is true. The extremist groups got together and blew this out of proportion as a scare tactic.

Or... Relate to the 70's when this same groups said OH NO WERE OUTA FOSSILE FUEL IN JUST 5 YEARS!!!!....yet 30 years later here we are....with fuel to spare. I don't think as a result we should waste it away, but it was clear then as it is now to me that indeed those were scare tactics and so are these.

I think the potential for it happening is real and we must still respect the earth and consistently cut down on pollution HOWEVER I personally am more concerned with the chemicals we are creating then I am the carbon residue (which is harmless) from tractor trailers. I'm afraid that personal agendas are fueling this more then the actual concern for our planet.

Maybe Al Gore (the inventor of the internet) can think of a plan. As a double college drop out he should be able to formulate some kind of plan. I mean he won a Nobel prize for gods sakes....Which tells me that prize is worth NOTHING anymore and is also completely controlled by the left wing politicians. I too fear the teaching of our children by ONLY left wing groups.

The largest single majority of left wing voters in the entire country is....... TEACHERS.

TELL ME that isn't scary. I don't care which side your on. There should never be a one sided group like that TEACHING the young. Talk about brainwashing tactics. Can it be a coincidence? Think of the major schools in this country... Berkley comes to mind first.....that place is just scary.

-Greg
Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Greenpeace urges kangaroo consumption to fight global warming
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 PM

Global Warming - It's All About Money
Old 04-04-2008, 12:31 PM

Challenge to Scientific Consensus on Global Warming: Analysis Finds Hundreds of Scientists Have Published Evidence Countering Man-Made Global Warming Fears
Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 PM

I feel bad for all the hybrid owners.... well only a little bad.

Instead of helping the enviroment they were just suckers. Tricked into buying ANOTHER vehicle for a good cause but instead created more pollution then the one they already owned probably. SAD.

Looks to me like thats Big Buisness winning.... yet since its the left wing who supported them so strongly, they're having a hard time saying what really happened. They tricked their own supporters and themselves into being sold a Toyota car. Who really benefited? Not the earth...not the people....The big car manufacturers.

THAT....my friends, is sad and a waste.

I think if you want to make a statement about how you feel with waste/pollution. Then you should ride a bicycle on your small commutes. Hell cars polute the most when they're cold anyways. That short trip to the post office to mail a letter just across the street = cat not warmed up therefore pollution. Don't use paper plates/cups. Bring your own grocery bags.

DONT be a sucker and buy a hybrid (especially without the carpool deal now) and don't be duped into the next fad.... which is bio diesel.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 PM

Survey: Less Than Half of all Published Scientists Endorse Global Warming Theory
Old 04-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Mike is absolutly right about landfills too though..... If you really look at the size, its outrageous how much waste the whole world is creating not just the U.S.

We as a nation and world really need to focus on cutting down waste. There are simple ways to do so. Grocery stores as I posted above could give a break % to those bringing their own reusable grocery bags made of cloth. There's all kinds of little ways to help. Recycling tires as they've started to for children's playgrounds and other uses. We should fund those kinds of programs as they result in INSTANT success. The hybrid car move was a DUD. It's time we face that. I know everyone who owns one wants to believe they did the right thing but the fact is that the car manufacturers won, and we the people lost.

If everyone on this forum even made a small change in their life style you'd be surprised to see the results.

Read below for an interesting bit of info....

Though I'm a pretty strong conservative I still question beliefs on both sides. 2 years ago I did a study. I rented a very large house outside of Seattle for an AMAZING DEAL. The house had this empty pool that was damaged beyond repair. My 2 roommates and I had an argument. I said FINE lets see for ourselves how much garbage we produce.

In 6 months we filled 190 bags of trash. Thats a little more then 1 per day. Perhaps a few cleaning sessions we'd do monthly took up some extra bags but those are still waste so they are still counted. If you've ever seen 190 bags of trash in a POOL.... you'd go... WOW.....thats a lot of trash. It was honestly a little bit of an eye opener for us all to actually see what we wasted. The pool was heaping full of trash. We had it all cleared out after that. Now imagine then the entire neighborhood.... doing the same thing for 6 months longer. You'd have a heap after just 1 year that would fill 5 property lines in a giant mound of trash. PER YEAR. That kind of impact is substantial and so easily reduced. Yet I've watched a person in a hybrid car with a earth sticker on the back liter his cigarette STILL BURNING MIND U out the 91 freeway on my way to work. I thought to myself for a while on the drive to work about what an idiot I figured he was. Turned out to be a SHE but in any case.....a hypocritical moron just the same.

Ehh just a odd little bit of stories from my own experience.

-Greg
Old 04-04-2008, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Apr 4 2008, 01:18 PM
As a double college drop out he should be able to formulate some kind of plan.
Yet, the biggest idiot this world has ever seen has been sitting in the Oval Office for 7.5 years.

Quick Reply: Global Warming