California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Froyo for Android

Old 12-26-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now how about some help for the EVO and rooting lol.....
Old 12-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Disgustipated,Dec 23 2010, 05:02 PM
I'll write you a tutorial right now:

download Galaxy S OneClick Root. In your Galaxy S settings, Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB Debugging.

Then, use your OneClick rooter to root the phone.

Next, download RomManager from the marketplace. Inside of that app, hit the top button that says "Flash Clockworker Manager xxxxx". Wait. It may give you instructions. Follow them if so.

Then, put Axura 2.5 on your phone's internal SD card, in the main directory. Inside of ROM Manager, hit Install ROM from SD Card. Pick the Axura 2.5 ROM. It will load up everything and give you instructions. From there, do what it tells you and it will begin installing Axura!

Make sure to back up everything you've got on your phone just in case it wipes it all. There are options in your new recovery menu that will let you do kernel tweaks and also install a lagfix! I recommend the EXT4-all Lagfix option.

If you do all of this, your phone will be insanely fast. It will also be running @ 1.2 Ghz and have 43MB of extra RAM. You can undervolt your phone for better battery life with the Voltage Control app that comes with Axura. I suggest reading up on it before doing so.

These are just general instructions, hopefully they're enough to get the ROM on. After that, the sky is the limit.
Thanks for all your help bro!!!!

I got the 2.5.1 installed, and now all of a sudden I have no sound coming out of my main external speaker. The only time I can get sound to come out of it is when I put the 3.5mm earphone in the jack (all the way in) and then the external speaker plays

The only way I can get earphones to properly work is when I barely put them in... LOL, I know the speaker is fine because it works in all other apps... the only time it doesn't is in media... IE- Youtube, Music, Pandora Etc...

Have any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks again for all your help brother! Your very helpful, and brought a whole new world of features to my phone with your tips, and advice!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:21 AM

^ oh wow thats kinda funny!!!

Im wanting to jailbreak/root mine but ima wait a bit hehehehe
Old 12-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Banned

LOL, well, I just un-did everything I originally loaded, and re-rooted my phone (started from scratch) Everything seems to be working fine now. Im just guessing that the first install had some type of packet issue

Thanks again Disgustipated!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Eryozgatliyan,Dec 29 2010, 10:03 AM
LOL, well, I just un-did everything I originally loaded, and re-rooted my phone (started from scratch) Everything seems to be working fine now. Im just guessing that the first install had some type of packet issue

Thanks again Disgustipated!!!
Glad your issues were resolved. Sometimes you have to do a flash back to stock and do a Master Clear with Odin 1 Click and THEN install your custom ROM otherwise it'll cause issues. It's not a perfect process.

Hope you enjoy it, and Gingerbread will be ready in a week or two for our phones. Make sure to go into your Recovery menu and enable the lagfix!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Disgustipated,Dec 29 2010, 03:20 PM
Glad your issues were resolved. Sometimes you have to do a flash back to stock and do a Master Clear with Odin 1 Click and THEN install your custom ROM otherwise it'll cause issues. It's not a perfect process.

Hope you enjoy it, and Gingerbread will be ready in a week or two for our phones. Make sure to go into your Recovery menu and enable the lagfix!
Thanks for all your tips buddy!!!!

Do you have any custom themes that you like, and you would recommend?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Eryozgatliyan,Dec 29 2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks for all your tips buddy!!!!

Do you have any custom themes that you like, and you would recommend?
not reallt a theme customizer but i obsess over apps and heres some of my picks for must-have Android apps:
superpower 0.75
torque
floating image
opera mobile 10.1 beta
mysettings widget
smart keyboard pro (best software keyboard for android, period)
handcent sms
titanium backup (absolute musthave for custom rom users... or android users in general)
appbrain app market
nolock app/widget

if you have android and you're not using the above apps, you are missing out big-time.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_9000rpm,Dec 21 2010, 02:49 PM
that was my understanding. but the source code is out, so really anything is possible now.
Gingerbread is now being distributed in the Nexus S.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin,Jan 4 2011, 08:48 PM
Gingerbread is now being distributed in the Nexus S.
i'm not quite sure what your post is trying to say

gingerbread comes standard with the Nexus S. it is possible to port that version to other devices, but isn't the easiest or cleanest method.