California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Froyo for Android

Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Disgustipated,Dec 22 2010, 05:07 PM
It's almost fully operational except for a few things. Wait for it to be smoothed out, should be a week or two. I think it lacks Wifi and a few other knick-knacks. Stick with 2.2 until now and you'll be very happy. Get Axura 2.5 for best results, it's the best ROM I've used thus far and I've tried 'em all.
Thanks for all the info man!!!

Would you happened to hav a link to a tutorial to installing tis 2.5 you speak of?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disgustipated,Dec 22 2010, 05:07 PM
It's almost fully operational except for a few things. Wait for it to be smoothed out, should be a week or two. I think it lacks Wifi and a few other knick-knacks. Stick with 2.2 until now and you'll be very happy. Get Axura 2.5 for best results, it's the best ROM I've used thus far and I've tried 'em all.
Axura is a great rom, but i guess i'm a little behind, i'm on Axura 2.1 myself. 2.1 is great, i can't imagine how smooth 2.5 is.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Eryozgatliyan,Dec 22 2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for all the info man!!!

Would you happened to hav a link to a tutorial to installing tis 2.5 you speak of?
I'll write you a tutorial right now:

download Galaxy S OneClick Root. In your Galaxy S settings, Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB Debugging.

Then, use your OneClick rooter to root the phone.

Next, download RomManager from the marketplace. Inside of that app, hit the top button that says "Flash Clockworker Manager xxxxx". Wait. It may give you instructions. Follow them if so.

Then, put Axura 2.5 on your phone's internal SD card, in the main directory. Inside of ROM Manager, hit Install ROM from SD Card. Pick the Axura 2.5 ROM. It will load up everything and give you instructions. From there, do what it tells you and it will begin installing Axura!

Make sure to back up everything you've got on your phone just in case it wipes it all. There are options in your new recovery menu that will let you do kernel tweaks and also install a lagfix! I recommend the EXT4-all Lagfix option.

If you do all of this, your phone will be insanely fast. It will also be running @ 1.2 Ghz and have 43MB of extra RAM. You can undervolt your phone for better battery life with the Voltage Control app that comes with Axura. I suggest reading up on it before doing so.

These are just general instructions, hopefully they're enough to get the ROM on. After that, the sky is the limit.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by s2k_9000rpm,Dec 23 2010, 12:56 AM
Axura is a great rom, but i guess i'm a little behind, i'm on Axura 2.1 myself. 2.1 is great, i can't imagine how smooth 2.5 is.
Axura 2.5 is mindblowing. Awesome interface, bug-free and comes with just the apps you need.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Disgustipated,Dec 23 2010, 05:04 PM
Axura 2.5 is mindblowing. Awesome interface, bug-free and comes with just the apps you need.
i have 2.1 because i'm on the vibrant

2.5 is only for the captivate so far.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Dec 20 2010, 03:13 PM
Froyo?

I'm supposed to get Gingerbread any day on an OTA, people have had gingerbread for weeks now. Froyo is old news. Are they tat far behind for that phone?
Gingerbread? I can't wait to get it on my EVO.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Disgustipated,Dec 23 2010, 05:02 PM
I'll write you a tutorial right now:

download Galaxy S OneClick Root. In your Galaxy S settings, Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB Debugging.

Then, use your OneClick rooter to root the phone.

Next, download RomManager from the marketplace. Inside of that app, hit the top button that says "Flash Clockworker Manager xxxxx". Wait. It may give you instructions. Follow them if so.

Then, put Axura 2.5 on your phone's internal SD card, in the main directory. Inside of ROM Manager, hit Install ROM from SD Card. Pick the Axura 2.5 ROM. It will load up everything and give you instructions. From there, do what it tells you and it will begin installing Axura!

Make sure to back up everything you've got on your phone just in case it wipes it all. There are options in your new recovery menu that will let you do kernel tweaks and also install a lagfix! I recommend the EXT4-all Lagfix option.

If you do all of this, your phone will be insanely fast. It will also be running @ 1.2 Ghz and have 43MB of extra RAM. You can undervolt your phone for better battery life with the Voltage Control app that comes with Axura. I suggest reading up on it before doing so.

These are just general instructions, hopefully they're enough to get the ROM on. After that, the sky is the limit.
i have a galaxy s for tmobile will this also work for it and is it to have the 2.5 version cause im wanting to jailbreak and make my phone a little bit better!!

im running version 2.1 update 1

and weird how all therye prgrams are named after desserts. i remember my g1 jailbreak was called cupcake!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by ertbll,Dec 26 2010, 02:28 AM
i have a galaxy s for tmobile will this also work for it and is it to have the 2.5 version cause im wanting to jailbreak and make my phone a little bit better!!

im running version 2.1 update 1

and weird how all therye prgrams are named after desserts. i remember my g1 jailbreak was called cupcake!!!
Yep, pretty much. Except you'll probably want to use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=883379

I'm actually running Vibrant-ported ROMs and modems on my Captivate. The Captivate and Vibrant are the closest in the Galaxy S line in terms of hardware, so they share a lot of ROM development.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:16 AM

^ ahh thats freaking sweet man thanks now ill probabl do this tomorrow andonce i save all my phone contacts just cause i may lose al of it haha
Old 12-26-2010, 10:47 AM

The Evo will get gingerbread soon, right?

I got 2.3 on my X earlyyy this month.

As for the OP... I think your only option to get it right now is to root and load Froyo

Quick Reply: Froyo for Android