California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Extended warranty question

Old 08-28-2003, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate if someone could help me with an advice on this:

There was some noise coming out of my rear axle and the guy at the dealership told me that they have to grease it. They also told me that "unfortunately" it's not covered by the extended warranty. I thought that the extended warranty covers everything drivetrain related.. Do you think they are true, or are they charging me for something that should be covered? The noise sounds as if two metal surfaces are rubbing against each other at a frequency in sync with the period of rotation of rear wheels. I can't think of a reason why just lack of lubrication would produce such a noise unless something is seriously off balance. Besides it's not in the maintenance schedule, so why isn't it covered?

Thank you.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That should be covered. Try another dealer because that is something that you couldn't have messed up unless you think you did. Either way, it should be covered, but I'm not 100% positive.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:54 PM

Yeah I just talked to them. Now they told me the noise is coming from the differential and they have to change the differential fluid. I changed the fluid fairly recently (less than 10k miles ago), but I didn't do it at the Honda dealership, so they told me then they'll have to charge me for all repairs because I didn't do service through Honda care. I told them I can do service anywhere I want and I shouldn't be required to do it through them. He said no you should. I said ok then I'll file a lawsuit. And he said forget about it his manager will give me a call. Just how f_u_cked up is that? What the f_u_c_k did I pay $1700 for?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:02 PM

How likely do you think it is that they'll drain the diff fluid to fk me up?
Old 08-28-2003, 04:03 PM

Can someone recommend a lawyer for this? I am super frustrated.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:10 PM

Well' they ripped me off for $150. They told me that lubricating the spindle would take care of the problem but of course it didn't. Then they told me that Honda Care requires them to change differential fluid before they proceed ($70). And then if that wouldn't help (which I'm sure it wouldn't) they would have to take the differential apart to determine what's damaged (for some reason $345 for 3 hours of labor). Then obviously they'd say that some expensive part needs to be replaced (between $1500 and $4000 probably) and then of course it wouldn't be covered under the warranty because I didn't use honda care to change my differential fluid! Just how F_U_C_K_E_D UP IS THIS?
Why the fk am I supposed to waste my life on bloodsucking parasites??
Old 08-28-2003, 05:19 PM

Yeah, and after they replace the differential it will probably end up to be the shaft.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:36 PM

Can someone please suggest a dealership that actually performs warranty work? Thank you very much.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:53 PM
mas

If you cannot find a dealer recomendation from you local S2k owners then try a dealership that's not too busy - e.g. one that's in the 'burbs and not in a metro area.

Good luck!
---------------------
Fvck Honda Dealerships!
Old 08-28-2003, 06:01 PM

Bwahaha.. Nice signature there.
The other day they told me they have no time for me.
It was a rainy day and my top was leaking quite bad. My t-shirt was all wet. The guy just told me to basically leave.

High pitch voice: I need a doctor. I am dying. Help me please.
Low pitch voice: You are on your own out there in the jungle.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty question