California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Exhaust Fixing Ticket

Old 04-20-2004, 09:49 PM
NiN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Fixing Ticket

I got a ticket for modified exhaust a while back, already put the stock one back on and today went to the police station. They told me, however, that I have to go to the CHP station (in Westminster, OC) and have it check out. I'm kind of hesitant to go there since my car is lowered and there's a Vortech kit under the hood.

Has anyone experience with the CHP station before? Are they easy to deal with, meaning do they just check out the exhaust, or will they run tests and check out your entire car, suspension and engine? I want to find out first before I go there, dont want any surprises. Any suggestions would help.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Banned

What city are you in?
The CHP station on Beach/Garden Grove are punks. Went to get my no front plate ticket signed off and they wrote me another ticket for modified exhaust.
This was years ago tho.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:04 PM
KLN

I work for the city of westminster, but i have no idea where the CHP station is. If you only needed a Westminster police officer to sign the ticket then i could of helped you.

But i'm not too familiar with the CHP station
Old 04-20-2004, 10:23 PM

Who wrote the original ticket ? Was it the CHP ?
Old 04-20-2004, 10:56 PM

hey bro I got one in hollywood and got it cleared by CHP and the FUC*ers at Beverly hills court said there is a fixed price of 100 dollars regardless if i got it cleared or not. Make sure you see the judge if they try to screw with you.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:06 PM

So, how do they catch you with a modified exhaust ticket? Is it way too loud?

In my old car I had a loud modified exhaust and when the cop asked me about it I just said that I bottomed out on those bumps on the 101 south and f*cked up my stock exhaust.

Then I said I replaced it with an aftermarket one because it was cheaper than the dealership.

I believe that the law says something about you not being allowed to modify your exhaust to make it louder. However, if it's not a modification, but a replacement for a broken part I think you might be able to get away with it.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:08 PM

Okay.. I think the law states something about it not being over 95 dB. How loud is that?
Old 04-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Former Sponsor

To answer your question, I highly doubt they will inspect/run a full test on your vehicle.

I once had a ticket for modified exhaust and all they did was look for the main citing/problem. They made sure I changed it and signed it off, but there's definitely a fine which I had to pay as well.

It's rediculous on how you have to get it fixed back to stock and pay the damn fee, but it's better than paying over $200 just to neglect the time to get the car inspected by a CHP.

This is just from my experience. I hope this helps, good luck!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:47 PM

I got a lowering ticket when I use to have a civic. I brought it to the Santa ana police department I think?.. I didn't even raise the car or touched it at all and they still signed me off .. in the end i still raised it up w/ eibachs
Old 04-21-2004, 08:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NiN
I got a ticket for modified exhaust a while back, already put the stock one back on and today went to the police station. They told me, however, that I have to go to the CHP station (in Westminster, OC) and have it check out. I'm kind of hesitant to go there since my car is lowered and there's a Vortech kit under the hood.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Fixing Ticket