California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

ever think of moving away from socal

Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alejo,Apr 6 2007, 02:51 PM
"no matter where you go, there you are" - it means if you're not happy, changing your location won't do much.

LA is a tough pill to swallow but if you like cars - there is no better place period.
I'm not so sure about that... after hearing about this place yesterday I'm starting to reconsider

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=478093
Old 04-06-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by SS2000GT,Apr 6 2007, 03:16 PM
I really want to move to New Hampshire. The winters there are beautiful. The people are super nice, and the cost of land is obnoxiously cheap.

My friend has a 3 bedroom house w/ a 2 car garage and a huge backyard out there. He only pays 800 a month to rent. It makes no sense to live here with those kind of prices. If that is the price to rent, imagine how cheap it would be to own land there.
NE winters = no driving the S for a few months... that's a dealbreaker for me
Old 04-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS2000GT,Apr 6 2007, 03:16 PM
I really want to move to New Hampshire. The winters there are beautiful. The people are super nice, and the cost of land is obnoxiously cheap.

My friend has a 3 bedroom house w/ a 2 car garage and a huge backyard out there. He only pays 800 a month to rent. It makes no sense to live here with those kind of prices. If that is the price to rent, imagine how cheap it would be to own land there.
Even with the downturn in home prices here, you can still sell your house and pay CASH for something beautiful somewhere else with some real land around and STILL have some $$ left over.......

But damn.......the weather here.............
Old 04-06-2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by diabolus2k,Apr 6 2007, 03:26 PM
But it keeps the mileage down.................

Old 04-06-2007, 02:30 PM

socal > *

id love to travel the country and world later, but i can never "live" anywhere else besides socal... LA/OC to be more specific
Old 04-06-2007, 02:31 PM

I've lived in San Jose, San Francisco, New York City, and Boston. I've travelled pretty extensively too. Each place has its pros and cons.

For me, I'm in SoCal because family (both nuclear and extdended) are here, and because I like to be outdoors (putting on three layers of clothing for a run, then learning how to run in freezing temps through ice isn't fun). Also the job market here is better for me. Others really like the winters (I do miss fall colors from back east), and some of the great people. It all kinda depends on what is important for people...
Old 04-06-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dantheman,Apr 6 2007, 01:53 PM
I've thought about it many times. People do seem nicer away from Socal from what I've seen and there aren't so many reckless drivers. As mentioned above, there aren't many other places where you can get somewhat consistent weather throughout the year, but I'd much rather live in a place where people aren't so rude and obnoxious.
Im thinking of moving to Socal by this summer. It's funny that I think the people in Cali are so much friendlier & easy going. I'm from the NYC area, BTW.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by diabolus2k,Apr 6 2007, 02:26 PM
Getting my girlfriend pregnant was the deal breaker for me and my S, Kenji. j/k
Old 04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Apr 6 2007, 02:27 PM
Even with the downturn in home prices here, you can still sell your house and pay CASH for something beautiful somewhere else with some real land around and STILL have some $$ left over.......

But damn.......the weather here.............
No ish! The land he rents is pretty big too. I would say the lot is 300 x 300 (I think) The house is in really nice condition too. It is no more then 10 years old.

If I was more financially set, I would move me and my girl there in a heartbeat. I dont feel comfortable about the hoodies in this area anymore. You risk getting shot for a parking spot at your local mall Personally, I want to raise Kailey where people actually acknowledge each other and say hi when you smile at them.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:18 PM

im not talking about moving to another huge city. cities=congestion and stress

im talkin about the end of the world, Invercargall, NZ-ish. somewhere with great driving roads, internet, king women who aren't complete gold diggers, etc

what makes a house here worth 1.5 mill?

i used to think that all the nice cars here was great, but ill admit a personal fault. i love the S bigtime, but when u see a ferrari, lambo, 991 turbo, sl65 all in the span of 10 mins, daily, i start to feel like a loser. human nature blows.

Quick Reply: ever think of moving away from socal