California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

EOQ Drive -- Malibu Jan 25

Old 01-28-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome pictures. I missed out. If my front shocks weren't leaking I would of went.

Will there be another one any time soon?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by aprevo15
Awesome pictures. I missed out. If my front shocks weren't leaking I would of went.

Next EOQ Drive is Sunday April 26. EOQ = End of Quarter. We aim for the last Sunday of the last month of the quarter. Last one had to be rescheduled due to weather, holidays, etc, so it ended up in January.

Started out about five years ago as End of Month, a little ritual I had of going out for a drive on the last Sunday of every month. Some friends had shown me a few roads and then I got to going over the maps, exploring, and looking for info online. I got to know the area roads well enough and was enjoying them so much I decided I really should share that enjoyment with others who might not even realize these roads exist. I mean, heck, I lived in West LA for a decade without having any clue such exciting canyon roads were only about 20 minutes away from me.

And that was great, but it started growing in popularity. At one drive, we had something like 40 cars show up. We weren't prepared for that. It did not go well. Bad things happened. Consequently, we made some major changes to the format and it is now EOQ, with very little marketing of it ahead of time, a cap on sign ups, and we go to great lengths to make sure we have enough lead drivers who have committed the roads to memory to be able to break into groups no larger than 10 cars in size each. I have happily taken on the role of safety Nazi. I like to think we organize one of the safest balls-out drives around. I'm also probably delusional, but that's another story. Lol!

Now... some say a small band of former hardcore EOMers have been known to maintain the EOM tradition but meet at an undisclosed location near an abandoned warehouse, with no route sheets, and a wild lust for curvaceous roads and the smell of test pipes in their nostrils. They are not the helpful Honda guys. Lol!

But in all seriousness, I'm happy to put together a small group drive for "newbies only" sooner than the next scheduled EOQ. Ten cars or less. Wouldn't be until March though. Or *maybe* Feb 22. I think I know who would be game to help too.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:00 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by aprevo15' timestamp='1422477867' post='23485139

Next EOQ Drive is Sunday April 26. EOQ = End of Quarter. We aim for the last Sunday of the last month of the quarter. Last one had to be rescheduled due to weather, holidays, etc, so it ended up in January.

Started out about five years ago as End of Month, a little ritual I had of going out for a drive on the last Sunday of every month. Some friends had shown me a few roads and then I got to going over the maps, exploring, and looking for info online. I got to know the area roads well enough and was enjoying them so much I decided I really should share that enjoyment with others who might not even realize these roads exist. I mean, heck, I lived in West LA for a decade without having any clue such exciting canyon roads were only about 20 minutes away from me.

And that was great, but it started growing in popularity. At one drive, we had something like 40 cars show up. We weren't prepared for that. It did not go well. Bad things happened. Consequently, we made some major changes to the format and it is now EOQ, with very little marketing of it ahead of time, a cap on sign ups, and we go to great lengths to make sure we have enough lead drivers who have committed the roads to memory to be able to break into groups no larger than 10 cars in size each. I have happily taken on the role of safety Nazi. I like to think we organize one of the safest balls-out drives around. I'm also probably delusional, but that's another story. Lol!

Now... some say a small band of former hardcore EOMers have been known to maintain the EOM tradition but meet at an undisclosed location near an abandoned warehouse, with no route sheets, and a wild lust for curvaceous roads and the smell of test pipes in their nostrils. They are not the helpful Honda guys. Lol!

But in all seriousness, I'm happy to put together a small group drive for "newbies only" sooner than the next scheduled EOQ. Ten cars or less. Wouldn't be until March though. Or *maybe* Feb 22. I think I know who would be game to help too.
Pick a date when I don't have an autocross.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by aprevo15' timestamp='1422477867' post='23485139

Nice. I can't wait til the next one. Getting coilovers installed this weekend so I'm ready to go any time.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fokker
Send me your schedule. We'll see what we can work out for an in-between drive, maybe.

Maybe. If you're nice.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Fokker' timestamp='1422489644' post='23485386
Send me your schedule. We'll see what we can work out for an in-between drive, maybe.

Maybe. If you're nice.
I am vurrah naice. I'll send you a pm.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:35 PM

From the last drive. Enjoy!

[2015-01-25] Malibu 1: http://youtu.be/y9fJxKfeczw

[2015-01-25] Malibu 2: http://youtu.be/2C5ALWkBGlg

If you liked it, subscribe!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:51 PM

Old 01-30-2015, 12:06 AM