California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

EDC moving to Vegas

Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDC moving to Vegas

So after a long battle with the city of LA, the Electric Daisy Carnival will be leaving LA's Colliseum and is heading to Vegas since LA wants to start banning edm music from the city. EDC has always been at the colliseum which i think is one of the sickest venues.. Its all thanks to that stupid 15 yr old girl who thought it would be cool to drop 4 pills and chug a bunch of water and ended up going into a coma. She has literally ruined the EDM scene in LA and now its starting to get messed up here in the SF bay area as well. If these cities really want to ban electronic music just because people get alittle rowdy at the events, then why dont we just ban sports as well. If i can remember correctly, regardless if the Lakers win or lose, people go out and burn cars, loot, riot and cause thousands in damaged property and injuries. Also, how many people get serioulsy injured at rock concerts? I used to go to hardcore shows where kids were leaving with broken noses, fractured bones, and some get taken to hospitals. Sorry to vent, it just sucks for Dj's such as myself who love this music and love to spin for huge crowds and now were being treated like criminals...lol The solution to all this is just make all the raves 21 and up.

Here is a link to the article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011...147e2ce5f53970b

A giant rave that has become the subject of a conflict-of-interest scandal and safety concerns will not return to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum this summer.

The producer of the Electric Daisy Carnival, Insomniac Inc., said in a statement that the rave’s return to the Coliseum has been “postponed” and that the event would make its debut in Las Vegas in June, the same month of its scheduled engagement here.

Insomniac has staged raves at the Coliseum and the neighboring Sports Arena for 13 years.

The statement gave no hint at when the postponement might end, but some Coliseum Commission members said that Electric Daisy probably would not be coming back to the stadium.

Insomniac had lost support on the commission after The Times reported earlier this month that a Coliseum administrator doubled as a paid consultant to the producer.

“They probably made a good business decision for them,” Commission President David Israel said of Insomniac. “The writing on the wall was as clear as graffiti.”

Commissioner Rick Caruso said, “My first reaction is good riddance.”

Caruso has been a leading critic of raves, saying they breed drug abuse and unruly behavior. Last year’s Electric Daisy was marred by scores of drug-related arrests and trips to emergency rooms. A 15-year-old girl died from an Ecstasy overdose.

The administrator who worked on the side for Insomniac, Todd DeStefano, was responsible for planning security and medical services for the rave. His dual employment had been approved by then-Commission General Manager Patrick Lynch, who resigned in the wake of the Times disclosures.

DeStefano’s ties to Insomniac are under investigation by the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office and the state Fair Political Practices Commission. He has denied doing anything wrong.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you surprised that California the kill joy state, has banned something fun and profitable again?

The only way California knows how to get money is by fining and taxing the few companies, businesses and people that actually have income.

This state is starting to really suck.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:10 AM

^^^Word^^^

I thought moving up to the bay would be differnet....but i was wrong. :[

Its time to move to Amsterdam....lol
Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard,Feb 25 2011, 10:53 AM
Are you surprised that California the kill joy state, has banned something fun and profitable again?

The only way California knows how to get money is by fining and taxing the few companies, businesses and people that actually have income.

This state is starting to really suck.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TopangaS2k,Feb 25 2011, 11:10 AM
^^^Word^^^

I thought moving up to the bay would be differnet....but i was wrong. :[

Its time to move to Amsterdam....lol

A couple of years ago, I was in Prague and got to try out one of their raves. Good time. Everyone was chill and no one died.

Spent many a winter in Amsterdam too. Milkweg. Great fun. Very friendly people. Although, Holland has the highest tax rate in the EU if I remember correctly. Way over 50%.

California has great sunshine but a lot of stupid people.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TopangaS2k,Feb 25 2011, 10:18 AM
Its all thanks to that stupid 15 yr old girl who thought it would be cool to drop 4 pills and chug a bunch of water and ended up going into a coma.
i guess you're just a DJ and don't know what goes on in the crowds.

4 pills and alot of water is really not much compared to most of the people taking 7-8+ pills per night at raves.

i always thought it was getting out of hand.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JHooby,Feb 25 2011, 11:49 AM
i guess you're just a DJ and don't know what goes on in the crowds.

4 pills and alot of water is really not much compared to most of the people taking 7-8+ pills per night at raves.

i always thought it was getting out of hand.
Blame the parents. They knew a 15 year old was going to EDC, unsupervised.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by JHooby,Feb 25 2011, 12:49 PM
It doesn't really matter if it's not that much, apparently it was more than she could handle.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:55 AM

Nevada gladly accepts being host to the event which draws what 150k people. Chunk of those people gonna need drinks and food and other crap. NV vendors will take the business while our broke ass state pushes it away
Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM

ive been raving since 98' and people dying at raves is not totally uncommon, its just this one involved a 15yr girl who shouldnt have been at a rave period and since the rave scene is generally more mainstream now it catches the medias attention even more. i remember when all insominiacs events were at least 18/21+ but i guess maybe they saw this as an advantage...my last EDC prior to last year was held at Lake Dolores Waterpark in Barstow , which is pretty much near Vegas...i dont mind it getting moved to Vegas....in fact im so frikkin down to go now too!...lol
but yeah the scene has changed ALOT...

Quick Reply: EDC moving to Vegas