California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Driving to Vegas

Old 08-02-2006, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please be careful.

The last time i drove back from LV a car went into the median and rolled over. We stopped and gave a first aid kit with my buddies and helped (there were about 5 people already there) and thank god they were okay, they rolled etc. Happened about half a mile in front of us, dust kicked up everywhere. The response time was fantastic from the ambulance.

Edit: The guy is probably on his way...oh well hope he got there safe and sound.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:12 PM

i don't think masking tape will do the job... cuz your gonna have whole bunch of bugs & rock chips to your radiator. unless you block the airway & overheat ur car. just go get a rental car.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:17 PM

I'm with the rental car it pretty cheap. I got one last time from my friend and it like 30 dollar a day with insurance.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

FYI when renting a car, you don't really need to take any of the additional insurance that the rental place offers. If you already have auto insurance on your own car, those coverages transfer over. (unless you go out of the country, like to mexico) That would help save you guys a little bit of money.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmbonbons,Aug 2 2006, 11:54 PM
FYI when renting a car, you don't really need to take any of the additional insurance that the rental place offers. If you already have auto insurance on your own car, those coverages transfer over. (unless you go out of the country, like to mexico) That would help save you guys a little bit of money.
i always get the optional insurance. it is relatively cheap considering.

reason being that if i wreck the car with the optional insurance it is covered (unless i have been drinking) my insurance never knows about it.

if i don't take the optional insurance and i wreck, i have to report it to my insurance don't i? i wouldn't want the insurance hike on my S for wrecking a ford focus or something like that. just my opinion though.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by AP2Suzuka,Aug 2 2006, 10:35 PM
On the RA's or the PSS9's?
stock
Old 08-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by meth,Aug 2 2006, 11:14 PM
i always get the optional insurance. it is relatively cheap considering.

reason being that if i wreck the car with the optional insurance it is covered (unless i have been drinking) my insurance never knows about it.

if i don't take the optional insurance and i wreck, i have to report it to my insurance don't i? i wouldn't want the insurance hike on my S for wrecking a ford focus or something like that. just my opinion though.
hmmm that is a good point...

but i'm pretty sure if you buy the optional coverage or not, any accident that you are involved in that results in over $750 or $1000 (?) needs to be reported to the dmv...and insurance companies run your driving record (for tickets, accidents, and residential info) every term so they'll stumble across it eventually. it doesn't matter what car you were driving, but how many you've been in that have been reported. unfair, i know.

but you are right that its relatively cheap and worth getting if it makes you more comfortable while driving that rented vehicle.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Banned

How the hell did you guys get on this insurance topic? this guy is probably already getting laid by now! Have fun! Be safe!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by petercs17,Aug 2 2006, 03:55 PM
where do i buy the tape??? and also just painted my wheels..( week ago ) possible chipping?
home depot, don't put those on fresh paint, the heat might melt the glue and you end up with sticky finish

and back to the topic, there's a spray on clear bar in a can thing, not sure how thick is that thing tho
Old 08-03-2006, 01:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmbonbons,Aug 2 2006, 10:54 PM
yeah but anything happen will bump up my premium, most of the time i just buy the add on's.

i was hit by a Benz that ran a red light in SF, we had 9 people in a big arse econo van and she still said we were wrong.

I could careless since we paid for coverage

Quick Reply: Driving to Vegas