California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Don't forget

Old 05-10-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't forget

Hi all,

Just a reminder (as if all the ads on tv/newspaper/radio didn't get to you first) that Sunday is Mother's Day. My mom spoke greatly into my life, shaping how I look at life, deepened my relationship with God, helped me understand how to be a better person. She died four years ago from cancer.

The one thing I wished I had done more was not 'do' more things for her, but I wish that I had told her that despite my obstinance, how much I learned from her and what an impact she had on my life.

I don't pretend to know each of your relationships with your mothers, but in addition to all the bells and whistles, I would humbly suggest you tell her 'thanks' and let her know that you really appreciate all she's done for you, being specific about how she's helped shape your life in a positive way (if indeed those are your sentiments). Just a thought.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Banned

My mom's awesome as well, though I put her through a lot of shit. That's one person I could always fall back on. I'm sorry about your loss, even though it doesn't take that to truely appreciate what a mother does... She gets the best, nothing less.

PS: Still up for some rock climbing?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:46 AM

I feel you on this one, man. I'm sorry to hear about your mom's passing, but from the way you show your appreciation and adoration for her, I'm sure she's proud as hell of ya. My mom's going in for surgery today, actually, to romove a mass in her breast. I'm scared and worried as hell, but I know she'll pull through. Don't forget mom, people! I'm pretty sure she's gone through her fair share of putting up with your crap throughout the years...

-jp
Old 05-10-2006, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnny,May 10 2006, 08:46 AM
I'm pretty sure she's gone through her fair share of putting up with your crap throughout the years...

-jp
Yep, when you were a baby AND when you grew up! Good post - moms are so well-deserving, even if you don't think you had the best mom, or if you don't really get along, she still loves you - show your love and respect this weekend!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:56 AM

Projekt - I'm still up for climbing, but looks like it's gotta wait until after I get back from China (mid-June). Just bought some more gear (rei sale!).

Johnny - I'll be praying for you and your mom. Surgery is always scary, and of course makes us worry. I hope that the mass benign - lemme know when you do. If I can help in any way please lemme know.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im in the same boat as well....

My mother passed away december 20th 2005, just 3 months ago. I thought i was ready for her to pass away because she was a lot of pain for 4 years with breast cancer but even after her death i miss her and always wish i could have done more and realizing i was not ready! Im 21 and my dad out of my life i had a lot to realize,but lucklily God had a plan and helped me realized he has a plan for everything and i have never trusted him more than ever in my life! My mother was the greatest to me and my influence on life. She did everything possible to make me happy and YES she spoiled me!

I hope all of you dont forget this holiday and remember that your mother loves you dearly and only want the best for you, even though you dont see it right in your eyes. It feels assuring there are others know what it is like to lose a mother.
I feel your loss and i hope you remember your mother on sunday and let me assure that this is not the last time you will see them.

Im sorry if i put a damper on the mothers day thread, but just make sure you spend some quality time with your mother and love on her as much as you can!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Banned

Johnny, your mom will be in my prayers as well. My mom had a 600gram tumor removed from her uterus while I was overseas in Iraq. I still regret not being able to be here for that..
Old 05-10-2006, 09:58 AM

Panda -

Man, that's tough. I really hope that this wkend doesn't feel hollow. Spend it with friends and family, and yeah, things get better. Lean hard on your friends and family.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,291 Likes on 996 Posts

My mother passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in a very horrible way that, unfortunately, I cannot share with you. A still have nightmares about it. She was a wonderful mom and I have countless wonderful memories. I was blessed growing up.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:43 AM

Today is mother's day in Mexico, so I gave a big hug to my mother this morning!!!

I feel for those who's mothers past away. I know how important a mother is.

Happy mothers day to all the moms out there!!

Angel