California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Did you hear what happened....

Old 08-25-2003, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you hear what happened....

Later on in the day, a motorcyclist lost his life at Ortega Hwy. He was only 29 yos. To all the riders out there......RIDE SAFE
Old 08-25-2003, 01:19 PM

As I was leaving Weseloh, I heard on the radio that they had closed Ortega in both directions due to an accident...But this I din't know. Sad.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that's sad. Best wishes to his family and friends. I saw a nasty accident right on PCH during the fourth of July where an older gentleman and his wife were on a big touring bike and a Suburban on one of those car killers hit him from behind by not paying attention and knocked his wife off as well as himself. She was fine, but she was distraught cause he was out cold and they brought a chopper down right on the street near Beach Blvd. and air lifted him to the hospital. Scary stuff being on the road with a bike.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:07 PM

I didn't know that's why they closed Ortega. On my way home, I saw one of those freeway signs that said Ortega Highway was closed and was wondering why. That's really sad.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some dude in a black I don't know what cut in front of the White Team while going downhill... meanwhile I was doing 80MPH!!! Like, what's the hurry???
Old 08-25-2003, 02:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometime's when you have the power you tend to abuse it. Think before the actions...
Old 08-25-2003, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by R-tistik s2k
Sometime's when you have the power you tend to abuse it. Think before the actions...
This is true...I've gone to Ortega many times on my motorcycle. Before I actually took my bike there, I heard a lot of horror stories about deaths at Ortega. After I actually took my bike out there, I thought that it was relatively safe. I can only guess that the majority of the accidents that have happened there were caused by rider error. Most of the riders go in the morning when there is less traffic, but more CHP. In the afternoon, there is much more traffic which causes inpatient riders to try and go around cars. That's where the problems start happening...
Old 08-25-2003, 05:53 PM

Many bike accidents are caused by stupid drivers in cages at Ortega . Most drivers won't use turn outs when their crawling around corners .Some drunken idiot killed a woman on her bike in Irvine and took off and let her die this past weekend. Yes some bikers hang it out and make mistakes but in the last few deaths a cage is normally involved. That idiot ex governor back east plowed through a stop sign and killed a biker. The piece of crap who killed the guy on the bike on the 55 when his boat & trailer came loose ,he runs to the fallen biker looks at him and drives away as the guy is dying in front of him .I could go on. Most cagers think their better drivers than they really are (remember most guys can't admit their bad drivers ). Many riders at Ortega or Palomar ride in full leathers and attend track days and riding schools how many cagers have ever attended a proper racing school or really know how to drive other than the stupid crap they teach in high school . Sadly you can't inflict "legally" a eye for a eye when stuff like this happens .
Old 08-25-2003, 07:33 PM

A woman biker dead in Irvine? Exactly where?
Old 08-25-2003, 08:23 PM

They left the Spectrum, happened near the 133 and Jamboree I think. Drunk driver hit her, got out of his car and was caught trying to hitchhike nearby.

Quick Reply: Did you hear what happened....