California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Democrats takes over the Republicans!

Old 11-08-2006, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take care nico. peace man.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Nov 8 2006, 03:52 PM
With the number of innocent, loyal Americans killed in Iraq so far, I have every right to call that SOB a WMD.
This one is a more touchy subject, but I have six friends in the military: four of whom have done active duty in Iraq, two of whom are still stationed somewhere out in the Middle East. The opinions of all of them is that they're absolutely for the war. In fact, all four who aren't stationed out there currently want to go back.

It's obviously a small sample, but I've had this debate many times w/ other people, and my war buddies have verified that almost all soldiers out that are definitely FOR this war. If THEY want to be there, who are YOU to complain about it?

Originally Posted by ragamuffin,Nov 8 2006, 03:59 PM
have you heard of a 4.5 umemployment rate? have you heard that welfare payrolls are at thier lowest since the dem's instituted it?
The reforms came under Clinton, as you said. Bush never would have signed those into law.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin,Nov 8 2006, 04:02 PM
take care nico. peace man.
Back atcha

Old 11-08-2006, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is there to sign, the reform was signed already. tax reform is what is now needed. i would imagine if everyone who is posting here would hate paying any kind of taxes if you had to write a check out of you own account instead of never seeing it raped from you paycheck. the next time you look at it, just imagine you got gross then had to write checks to pay the taxes and such. peace
Old 11-08-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by dirtypwntang,Nov 8 2006, 04:02 PM
This one is a more touchy subject, but I have six friends in the military: four of whom have done active duty in Iraq, two of whom are still stationed somewhere out in the Middle East. The opinions of all of them is that they're absolutely for the war. In fact, all four who aren't stationed out there currently want to go back.

It's obviously a small sample, but I've had this debate many times w/ other people, and my war buddies have verified that almost all soldiers out that are definitely FOR this war. If THEY want to be there, who are YOU to complain about it?
First of all, I appreciate that your friends are there. I have nothing but respect and for our military. Contrary to what the Washington Republicans want Americans to believe, anti-war folks like me are NOT anti-military. Not in the least.

Do your friends want to be there because they are being lied to about the reasons, and about the "progress"???

Even if your friends want to be there, SHOULD THEY BE? is the question. Should they have to risk their valuable lives every day for a war that we were mislead into (9/11 revenge), a war with NO credible win strategy, a war with NO exit strategy? Bush wanted to notch his cowboy belt with Saddam. For him and Daddy. And make Halliburton richer with no-bid reconstruction contracts.

Why should he rush to leave?? Because the fact that soldiers are still dying there WITH NO END IN SIGHT is inexcusable. It is time for an investigation and hearing into this war.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin,Nov 8 2006, 04:05 PM
what is there to sign, the reform was signed already. tax reform is what is now needed. i would imagine if everyone who is posting here would hate paying any kind of taxes if you had to write a check out of you own account instead of never seeing it raped from you paycheck. the next time you look at it, just imagine you got gross then had to write checks to pay the taxes and such. peace
You could move to England............then complain about taxes.....

Old 11-08-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin,Nov 8 2006, 04:01 PM
look on the net. you can find it. i guarantee it. the house of rep's were in power prior to 1994 for over 40 years. i promise you will find it. i have to wash my car for a meet.
The house of reps were in power?? You mean Republicans?

Old 11-08-2006, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Nov 8 2006, 04:12 PM
First of all, I appreciate that your friends are there. I have nothing but respect and for our military. Contrary to what the Washington Republicans want Americans to believe, anti-war folks like me are NOT anti-military. Not in the least.

Do your friends want to be there because they are being lied to about the reasons, and about the "progress"???

Even if your friends want to be there, SHOULD THEY BE? is the question. Should they have to risk their valuable lives every day for a war that we were mislead into (9/11 revenge), a war with NO credible win strategy, a war with NO exit strategy? Bush wanted to notch his cowboy belt with Saddam. For him and Daddy. And make Halliburton richer with no-bid reconstruction contracts.

Why should be rush to leave?? because the fact that soldiers are still dying there WITH NO END IN SIGHT is inexcusable. It is time for an investigation and hearing into this war.
Again, I state that it's a touchy subject.

Regardless of their reasons, the point stands that they want to be there. They want nothing more than to fight this war and win. The reason we're STILL there is because the country just isn't ready to stand on its own yet. Until they can successfully build a working government, I don't think it's fair to THEM (the Iraqis) to leave them hangin'.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both parties are crap. It's time for a new party. A party that believes in furthering the human cause; a party that believes in science and not fairy tales; a party that believes in the separation of church and state; a party that knows how to rock.

Quick Reply: Democrats takes over the Republicans!