California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Democrats takes over the Republicans!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Nicotunes,Nov 9 2006, 09:18 AM] Democrats do not demonize wealth UNLESS it causes the less fortunate to be left behind (like No Child Left Behind.......another piece of Bush campaign
Old 11-09-2006, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Nov 9 2006, 09:18 AM
The Republican party historically has been the party of money while the Democratic party has been the party of the less fortunate. They Republicans made their own bed.
More propaganda from the far left?

I personally don't see much of a difference between the wealth of Democrats and Republicans.

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Nov05/Sullivan1121.htm

The Congressional Millionaires Club
by Charles Sullivan
www.dissidentvoice.org
November 21, 2005

There is little reason for anyone to be confused by the events leading up to the unraveling of America. All one has to do is ignore the rhetoric and simply follow the money to reveal the hidden mechanisms that are operating the American government.

In what can realistically only be described as a form of legalized bribery, it is well known that wealth buys access to power. In a nutshell: those with money have access to power that those without money do not. In a society divided by socioeconomic class, the result is that the average American working family has little representation in government. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (November 2004), the mean annual income across all occupations in the United States is $37,440. Contrast this figure with the income of the people elected to serve in Congress. There are 435 members in the House of Representatives. Of that number 123 had at least $1 million incomes. As bad as this is, the disparity in the Senate is far greater.

Here
Old 11-09-2006, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Nov 9 2006, 09:36 AM
Just to bring up an old topic, when Bustamante was running, he supported illegal immigrants, and granting them licenses to drive. How do you feel about that?

I assume as a democrat you would support him, how do you feel about your tax dollars going to illegal imm, and how do you feel about your tax dollars going to these illegals having kids, and our hospital closing b/c of this?

In short why would you want to support people who shouldn't be here legally?

Just wanted to hear your .02
Hi, Mike,

Ahhh you know what happens when you assume............

To assume that I would agree with him just because I am a Democrat assumes blind loyalty and "sheep-like following" on my part. Not true, and I am hurt........... Just kidding. I do not agree with everything ANYONE says. My parents taught me to think for myself.

I am, in some ways, more Conservative and "Republican" than the current crop of Republicans. This current crop is NOT Conservative by any stretch. They want govenment to permeate every part of our personal lives, and they spend like there is no tomorrow.....

I understand why the immigrants come here illegally, and I do feel sorry for the hard working honest people, but I am against illegal immigration and I do not support supporting them. Hell, I am against most anything illegal, other than speeding. The fact that Mexico is emptying their jails and letting the inmates come across the border pisses me off. I think we need to maybe look at making immigration a little easier and illegal immigration harder, so as to force the immigrants to come in properly. I do not know if this is possible.

I need to be truthful though: My grandfather was an illegal stowaway on a ship from Italy. He worked hard at construction, saved his money, sent for his wife and two daughters, and they all became citizens. My Mom was 13 when she came here and they put her in the 3rd Grade so she could learn English (Just try THAT now and not get sued. ). Was she ridiculed and made fun of? Of course. But she had no choice if she wanted to be an American.

The drivers license thing was supposedly to keep track of the illegals.....but I do not know if that would work...besides, what the h*ll is the use of being a legal driver when you are illegal every other way??
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by S2000Patrick,Nov 9 2006, 09:42 AM
More propaganda from the far left?
I am actually more Centrist than the current Administration..........

Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Former Moderator

damn patrick, i'm depressed now

lol
Old 11-09-2006, 09:00 AM

Patrick, I am still reading your post but I had to answer this part right away:

"There are 435 members in the House of Representatives. Of that number 123 had at least $1 million incomes. As bad as this is, the disparity in the Senate is far greater."

The REPUBLICANS have had the Congress for the last 12 years.....see a connection???
Old 11-09-2006, 09:05 AM

From Patrick:

"The result is that we have big business regulating itself -- to the detriment of public health."

The Republicans constantly vote for de-regulating big business so they govern themselves. This has proved disastrous time and time again, but they keep doing it.

This is actually in line with Republican philosophy (less government) yet they want to interefere in gay marriages and whether Terry Schiavo lives or dies (more government).

Current Republicans are true Republicans when it suits them and their corporate friends....
Old 11-09-2006, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by alejo,Nov 9 2006, 09:59 AM
damn patrick, i'm depressed now

lol
I was too, until the last two days.

I actually told me wife a couple of months ago, "I give up on this country until we get the Republicans out of power".

I am so happy now I cannot stand it.

I read somewhere that the way things were going, the Democratic Party had almost written off '08 and were looking to '12.....I think they are thinking differently now....
Old 11-09-2006, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do we have to go at it again Nic? Never saw a poor person hire any people.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin,Nov 9 2006, 10:37 AM
Do we have to go at it again Nic? Never saw a poor person hire any people.
Actually I am calmer today.

But I do not quite get your response...of course the poor cannot hire. They are the have-nots....

Enlighten me.

Quick Reply: Democrats takes over the Republicans!