California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Democrats takes over the Republicans!

Old 11-08-2006, 08:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Nov 8 2006, 09:10 PM
And some religious people are child molester, $$$$$$ monsters, embezzlers and liars.

I said "some".....

Just look at me, I like my crack and strippers, but I have them in the privacy of my own home

edit: bad joke, sorry y'all
Old 11-08-2006, 08:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Currahee474,Nov 8 2006, 09:04 PM
and its a damn shame church and state are separate because our founding fathers founded this country on those beliefs. here are some quotes from them regarding this subject:

Ben Franklin "God governs in the affiars of men"

George Washington "No people can be bound to acknoqledge and adore the Invisible Hand which conducts the affairs of men more than those of the United States"

"It is impossible to rightly govern without God and the Bible"

John Adams "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people"

Noah Webster "The principles of all genuine liberty, and of wise laws and administrations are to be drawn from the Bible and sustained by its authority"

How can we continue to ignore the values our founding fathers made this country with???
Because I fear a government official that believes the Planet Earth is only 6,000 years old.

Next, Dawkins visits Colorado Springs to discuss the rise of fundamentalist Christianity in the United States where, according to polls, 45 percent of the population believe the universe to be less than 10,000 years old. He visits the New Life Church, an $18 million worship centre where Pastor Ted Haggard at the time presided over a 14,000 strong congregation. Haggard was at the time chairman of the National Association of Evangelicals and, according to Dawkins, had a weekly conference call with George Bush.[3]
From the Root of all Evil.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Nov 8 2006, 09:09 PM
Ummmm....who do you think Separation of Church and State came from? It was the Founding Fathers, because the Church of England was in everybody's business.

Find some quotes from the other side......
obviously thats the main reason people came over on the boat from england and the certaintly didn't want church and goverment going hand in hand...BUT that does not mean that this country can be founded on principles found in the bible nor that God has no part in this....
Old 11-08-2006, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by AP2Suzuka,Nov 8 2006, 09:11 PM

Just look at me, I like my crack and strippers, but I have them in the privacy of my own home

edit: bad joke, sorry y'all
I'm telling wifey.........

btw, Thomas Jefferson: '"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."

The actual Separation of Church and State is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" (Establishment Clause of the First Amendment).

There is nothing wrong with morals guiding you....I just don't see any real morals in the incumbent administration.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Currahee474,Nov 8 2006, 09:04 PM
and its a damn shame church and state are separate because our founding fathers founded this country on those beliefs.
Then why didn't they put it in the constitution? Because it is a BAD idea. Church+State=Taliban. Government does NOT belong in the business of legislating morality - a true republican (not todays high-horse hypocrite) thinks the government has better things to do than waste tax $$$ poking into individual freedoms.

I fully support your right to worship anyone you want - just as I fully support my right to to not worship. Make your own choices, but don't try to force your choices on me. I don't support religion and other organized hate groups. I believe that God is an Imaginary freind for grownups. So why should I be governed by YOUR god?

- JD <------ waiting for the next round of canned 'talking points'
Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nicotunes,Nov 8 2006, 09:19 PM
There is nothing wrong with morals guiding you....I just don't see any real morals in the incumbent administration.
touche in some respects. but did you fall asleep during the clinton administration?
Old 11-08-2006, 08:24 PM

I'd rather have a president who lies about getting his dick sucked rahter than this jack ass we got in office now
Old 11-08-2006, 08:26 PM

This thread is a Debbie Downer
Old 11-08-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Currahee474,Nov 8 2006, 09:16 PM
obviously thats the main reason people came over on the boat from england and the certaintly didn't want church and goverment going hand in hand...BUT that does not mean that this country can be founded on principles found in the bible nor that God has no part in this....
Just curious:

Do you believe the Planet Earth (or the entire Universe) is only 6,000 - 10,000 years old?

LOL
Old 11-08-2006, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Currahee474,Nov 8 2006, 09:22 PM
touche in some respects. but did you fall asleep during the clinton administration?
Clinton getting oral sex did not affect you or me. It did not cause the death of thousands of innocent Americans sent to their slaughter. It did not cause the massive windfall profits of Halliburton. It was just oral sex. Immoral? Sure, he was married. But that was between him, his wife, and their minister. It was not worthy of what the Republicans turned it into.

Quick Reply: Democrats takes over the Republicans!