California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

Dear Honda

Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much American Honda!

It's not possible to express how much Joy I've derived from buying, owning, driving, researching and modding, taking apart and putting back together, pampering, wash'n'waxing, going cross country and road-tripping, commuting, going to meets, ride'n'drives, canyon runs, going to track days and time trials (and off-roading excursions), burning thru track tires and brake pads...getting epic tickets, and meeting "the nicest people" while in my Honda S2000.

The S is a landmark achievement and expresses the true heart and soul of Honda.

I've never met Soichiro Honda...but @ HC2, I felt Soichiro speaking thru Uehara-san. His talk was truly inspirational and I'm glad to have heard his words at this special gathering, with my fellow S2000 owners.

I'm sure all of us will keep driving, speaking about, and cherishing all that is S2000!

Thank you, Honda!

Mike

(p.s...please don't forget us!!)
Old 09-29-2010, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This event was better than what I imagined. I really enjoy being part of the event. The Honda S2000 is my dream car. I'm leaving a dream...

Thank you... We had a great time
Old 09-29-2010, 06:33 AM

Honda, BC, Et All,

I would like to personally thank each of you for the S2000 and the wonderful S2000 event this weekend.

A couple of years ago I was looking for a new hobby that I could share with my teenage son. Because of his enthousiasm for cars (like most teenage boys) I decided I would get us a sports car we could share as it would allow us to spend more time together working on it, driving it at track and auto X events and attending meets and club events like the one this weekend. After a significant amount of research, I chose the S2000 for its combination of style, performance, reliablity and cost. I couldn't have made a better choice.

The S2000 and its community is like no other. I cannot thank each of you enough for the great times and memories that I have had with my son while enjoying the S2000. I will never forget how much fun we had at the Homecoming event and being able to mee the Chief Engineer of the S2000 together this past weekend.

Thank you Honda and BC!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 AM

Thanks so much American Honda!

I have had the joy of being able to add the S2000 as my first new dealer purchased car, it was a day I'll never forget. I bought the car as a graduation gift to myself coming out of college and after only being in my new job for only 2 weeks! My first check literally went towards towards the car and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it. It's been an amazing experience with the car and led me to meeting great friends who have the same deep appreciation as I do.

The event was fantastic. The anticipation of every HC2 update from BC all the way up to till the night before the caravan down to the event was fun times. Heck, the day after was great too! lol

Thanks again Uehara-san, being able to meet you was more than I would have asked for. I've never bumped into movie stars or other famous people until HC2 Thanks again to everyone involved in making this event happen

Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 AM

My Honda S2000 ownership has transcended the normal car/driver relationship.
Part of the pleasure of owning a rare car rests in the knowledge that you have something special...yet I never dreamed owning any car could offer me a fraction of the happiness I've felt with my S2000.

On top of the pure driving experience and classic beauty of the car, the community that surrounds the S2000 has exponentially increased the joy of ownership. S2ki.com has become my town hall, marketplace, and default stomping ground all in one.

Homecoming 2010, generously hosted by Honda and perfectly planned by BC, typifies the incredible opportunities open to S2000 owners.
I cannot think of any other car company who would invest the time and money in a show of love to their owners, nor a group of owners who would respectfully and willfully travel as far as some of us did.

Thank you, Honda, for organizing and hosting a weekend of a lifetime.
And thank you for building the S2000.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Well, Honda,

I missed both Home Coming events.
I hope this isn't too much to ask but if there can be a HCIII, I will definitely be one of the first to sign up for it. It would be amazing to end the HC series of events with a bang at HCIII.
I do understand that organizing such a massive meet is not an easy task, but knowing that I missed both events is far worse for me.
Even if this is merely taken into consideration (not only for me, but for the dozens upon dozens of fellow S2000 enthusiasts who would most likely love to end the HomeComing series of events with one final event) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Umar
Old 09-29-2010, 03:31 PM

Dear Honda...

Thank you Honda and Mr. Uehara for developing this car and BC for putting this event together. Reflecting back on the time since I've purchased this car, I can honestly say, this car has changed my life for the better. About Five years ago I wandered on to the Chevrolet dealership to purchase a new Cobalt SS, i passed by a Sebring s2000 on the used car lot. Not sure what happened to me, but I was drawn to the car, maybe it was destiny or fate, whatever you wanna call it. I impulsively purchased that car without soo much sitting in the drivers seat, or test driving it. From someone who only looks at performance in terms of power and 1/4 times, that was very hypocritical of me.

Ever since day one of ownership, things started to change. Before that day, I lived and breathed drag racing, never to bat an eye or spur interest into things the s2000 was born for. After that day, my automotive tastes started to develop and expand. It went from power and quarter mile times to suspension, how it feels and lap times. The new found enjoyment lead me to search and find information ways to modify the s2000. While doing so, I joined a community filled with new faces and side of the automotive world that I was not accustomed to. Because of that I've been fortunate to create new friendships through mutual enjoyment because of this car. And after 5+ years, we are still here to enjoy what brought us together.

Thanks again Mr. Uehara and Honda, if it wasn't for you two, I'd still be living my life a quarter mile at a time....no pun intended
Old 09-29-2010, 11:45 PM

Thank You Honda!

This event was amazing, I feel so honored to be a participant of this event, thanks again! Hope to see more great performance orientated products and ideas in the future.

-Ken
Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 AM

i was very eager to attend Homecoming this year, as it was my first. When i first arrived to the organized meeting (by BC from S2Ki), i was more than overwhelmed with how many enthuaists attended the meet.

Once we arrived at N.A. Honda, again - my breath was taken away. From the food and beverages provided to the vendors and Shigeru Uehara just meeting and greeting all his fans. WOW. Just amazing.

I have been in the Honda community for 10 years of my life and I don't expect to leave anytime soon. I can not believe how much Honda provided to us and how much they were willing to work with us to make this event happen.

I can't thank Honda enough for providing such an amazing expierence to it's customers. It makes you feel like part of a family.

Look forward to the years to come!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM

As a 22+ year associate with Honda of America and Honda R&D in Ohio, I am proud of American Honda for allowing such an event at the Torrance campus. I hope the enthusiastic turn out showed how dedicated the S2000 owners are to both Honda and the S2000 itself.

Special thanks to Kurt and Shigeru Uehara for giving their time to come out and experience the S2000 community once again. I hope future events will be possible. I had a great time and it was well worth the effort to come all the way from Ohio. I'd do it again to be sure.

BC you did a terrific job! Hope you got to enjoy it a little too.

Quick Reply: Dear Honda